• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup

Thanks for the pic. Looks like it came from one of the Glock magazines. As far as the gun itself goes, yuck. It's a single stack G26 essentially. Either the G42 size or the G19 would have been better IMO. The G42 is bigger than it needs to be for a .380 so I think they could have made the 9mm in the same size package. Very concealable and has a place in this role. A G19 single stack would be welcome as well. Thin with a good overall size for handling, a nice role as well. As a stubby 6 shot G26 I think it fails. In the picture it even looks a little thicker than the G42 as well. What's up with that funky shape under the slide serrations? Is that a cut out or indentation? :scratch:

I'll pass on this one, and I was really looking forward to a single stack 9mm from them. If they ever make a G19 size that is a true single stack (not some stupid slightly staggered mag) then I'd get that. Do they not think a G19 size made like a Kahr P9 would sell?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I just want one that would be the same size as the shield only a Glock... That is perfect size for when the 19 might just be a bit too big when dressed up and for other occasions.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The G42 is bigger than it needs to be for a .380 so I think they could have made the 9mm in the same size package. Very concealable and has a place in this role.

That's what I was hoping for too. I already have a Shield, but I have a friend that would be in the market for a G42 sized 9mm.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm an appendix carry guy when I CC so the thickness of a pistol/holster combo is important to me and I like what I'm seeing so far. One thing Glock can count on is complaints no matter what they make.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm an appendix carry guy when I CC so the thickness of a pistol/holster combo is important to me and I like what I'm seeing so far. One thing Glock can count on is complaints no matter what they make.

Assuming this Glock 43 is a Glock 19 size or even a 26, what are the reasons you'd choose it over a Shield?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Assuming this Glock 43 is a Glock 19 size or even a 26, what are the reasons you'd choose it over a Shield?

Because it's a Glock. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Shield or the M&P line, I've owned them. Time and experience has told me that I will maintain a higher level of proficiency if I keep as much of my shooting consistent as possible. There are lots of quality pistols on the market but I get paid to shoot and train with a Glock so at this point it is really all I will consider. I've owned Sig, H&K, Kahr, S&W & Springfield and they're all fine pistols but they are also different.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    For those of us who are required to carry the G22 on duty and have spent years firing this platform, keeping the same grip and trigger press is valuable. A Shield is pretty darn close so it is nothing that can't be resolved with practice. In fact I have a 40 Shield on layaway.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Because it's a Glock. I don't believe there is anything wrong with the Shield or the M&P line, I've owned them. Time and experience has told me that I will maintain a higher level of proficiency if I keep as much of my shooting consistent as possible. There are lots of quality pistols on the market but I get paid to shoot and train with a Glock so at this point it is really all I will consider. I've owned Sig, H&K, Kahr, S&W & Springfield and they're all fine pistols but they are also different.

I figured that would have been the case. I was just curious if there was any other reason.

I'm anxious to find out what size the Glock 43 really is going to end up being. I can conceal my Glock 19 well enough, AIWB, and can easily hide my Glock 26. But if the G43 is around the same size, I think I'd end up getting this one.

I'm not sold on the Glock 42 yet. And the biggest reason why I haven't looked into a Shield is because of the experience I had with my previous M&P.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    HMMMMMMMMMMM circa 1988, my first introduction to GLOCK at all, a Gen 1 G-17, no way was I going to get one, oh no, I had COLTS, and SMITHS, and evan a SIG, what did I need a plastic pistol for ?!?
    Then I got a 2nd Gen G-19 for fun and just to have one, then in the 90's we went full .40 and I carried a G-22/27 combo with the G-19 as a BUG.
    Fast forward to a few years ago, issue G-22 is in the trunk, G-23 is my favorite, and the G-27 though is my EDC, I jumped on the G-30S band wagon thinking it would/should replace the G-23/27 combo, but that didn't happen. I tried the G-42 at a local range and did not want to go that route too, so I will skip the G-43 fan fare, until it becomes the cure all, catch all and I can't live without one.

Stay tuned, a bunch of reviews to follow, I am sure.

But Good for Glock, they will sell a Bugzillion I bet.

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Yep, looks like the official press embargo has lifted so articles are popping up everywhere. It?s Official! The Glock 43 Single Stack 9mm Is Here! - The Firearm Blog

G43-Left-660x439.jpg (click image for larger version)

"If you are familiar with the Glock 42 in .380 you’ll be familiar with the big brother in 9mm. The frame size is the same as the model 42 with the slide being 8mm longer than the 42. Magazine capacity is the same at 6+1 of 9mm.

Shooting the Glock 43 was comfortable and gives the shooter very little recoil over the Glock 42. I found it to be comfortable to shoot and accurate especially so for a subcompact pistol."

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Cool! Wish it had a bit more real-estate to get your hand on it like the shield... But all the same, as long as I am good to go with the trigger even though I assume it's like the 42 (not quite the same) I'll be buying one.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    For those of us who are required to carry the G22 on duty and have spent years firing this platform, keeping the same grip and trigger press is valuable. A Shield is pretty darn close so it is nothing that can't be resolved with practice. In fact I have a 40 Shield on layaway.

Same here. I carried the 9mm shield as a backup and it was a great piece, so I'll be trying the .40. Glock didn't have a single stack at the time, so it was the closest I could get. I'd still get the shield until the bugs are worked out of this one, though.

Top Bottom