• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    When I heard about the new Raspberry flavored cookies coming out this year I went looking for someone to take my order.
    Found someone who said they were selling the cookies this year.
    I made contact and placed my order before the organization actually started taking orders.
    Today I received a text telling me that this person attempted to place my order on the first day the organization began accepting orders, only to be told that they were sold out, on day one, and I will not be able to receive the order I tried to place in advance.

Obviously the Girl Scouts organization has woefully underestimated demand.
    I asked to order 10 boxes of a brand new cookie at $6/ box.

I don't think I will be placing any more orders in the future.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just ran across this ................:dunno:

I heard that on the radio a day or two ago and thought, " I'm glad I got my order in when I did".
    Not a snowballs chance in Hades...
    They can keep them, at any price.
    Speaking of price, that article mentioned $5/ box.
    I was told they were $6/box this year.
    Sounds like maybe one troop or another might be trying to pad their profit margin.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I heard that on the radio a day or two ago and thought, " I'm glad I got my order in when I did".
    Not a snowballs chance in Hades...
    They can keep them, at any price.
    Speaking of price, that article mentioned $5/ box.
    I was told they were $6/box this year.
    Sounds like maybe one troop or another might be trying to pad their profit margin.
    Pretty insane ................would not be surprised if it is scout people doing the re-selling .
    Another product and reputation tarnished by greed .
    I stopped buying them many years ago ......................
    ( looks like you have extra $$ for some ammo now ) :)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FYI- don't worry about missing much, missing the raspberry cookies. I tasted one of my granddaughters samples. Blah...

It's painfully obvious that the GS have no one even remotely close to having any business experience, nor do they care to have.

The cookies are all small, expensive and very close to tasteless.

The whole cookie thing was a complete debacle. The only reason the GS sell any cookies is family supporting their little girls and do-gooders thinking they are doing the same.

Ours were 6 bucks a box.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So a woke organization wants to use child slave labor to sell ******** cookies and you want to encourage this?
    So now girls learning about sales, marketing, business, and customer relations is child labor?

And here I thought those things were just building character and skills.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Back in the day we loaded up the minivan twice and sold enough for both girls to get ALL the prizes. It was a treat to have Mommy take them to the council to pick out all of their stuff. Nowadays unless I run across mom and kids in the Rural King actively selling them I'm probably not buying. It was a scam then, it's a worse scam now.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    FYI- don't worry about missing much, missing the raspberry cookies. I tasted one of my granddaughters samples. Blah...

It's painfully obvious that the GS have no one even remotely close to having any business experience, nor do they care to have.

The whole cookie thing was a complete debacle. The only reason the GS sell any cookies is family supporting their little girls and do-gooders thinking they are doing the same.

Ours were 6 bucks a box.
    I mean they're selling out of small, tasteless cookies that cost 35 cents to make but are priced at $6, I'd say they're pretty good at business.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So now girls learning about sales, marketing, business, and customer relations is child labor?

"Yeah but they're woke now"

News flash ppl: every thing every kid ever sold as a fundraiser to fund their activities, is pretty much useless crap.

And until they start selling bourbon, cigars, and CPAP mouthpieces (or coupon-books for them), this is pretty much how it will be.

I cannot believe this has to be explained to supposedly grown-azz men.

Summer's Eve really needs to come out with a male sand-rinse product.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I came up through the Boy Scouts. We had to sell popcorn door to door that was trash. You could see it in the homeowners eyes they were buying out of pity. The Girl Scouts have it so easy selling a product people actually want. That said Girl Scout cookies are overrated. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t bad but they aren’t the second coming of Jesus like so many people make them out to be. It’s not like they’re shamrock shakes.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Ours were 6 bucks a box.

The last season's new Adventurefuls brownie cookie was god awful.

I have 2 dealers in-house currently. I'm obligated to fund ops. Technically I'm getting (sugar) high on my own supply.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wait. I thought we had just established that the .org sucks at business. And they’re supposed to teach business.

Really, it sounds more at the organization level, they’re counting on people’s brand loyalty and sense of charity to get people to pay way more than they should cost if they had to compete with other brands.

Top Bottom