• ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    "Yeah but they're woke now"

News flash ppl: every thing every kid ever sold as a fundraiser to fund their activities, is pretty much useless crap.

And until they start selling bourbon, cigars, and CPAP mouthpieces (or coupon-books for them), this is pretty much how it will be.

I cannot believe this has to be explained to supposedly grown-azz men.

Summer's Eve really needs to come out with a male sand-rinse product.
    you mean the 5 gallon bucket of non suddsing soap I bought wasnt worth it????

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    So a woke organization wants to use child slave labor to sell ******** cookies and you want to encourage this?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha….

(Gasps for more air)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! :laugh: :lmfao: :rofl:

No offense but that’s one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve seen in ages. I mean, REALLY?! Please, next tell me you’re going to lambast the BSA and literally almost EVERY OTHER YOUTH PROGRAM THAT HAS EVER GRACED GOD’S GREEN EARTH, right?!

Slave labor for fund raising and making the kids learn the value of hard wirk and earning their way rather than mooching off the system like so many others?! Good lord, there’s no pleasing some people, is there? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, huh? So what’s their alternative if mooching and fund raising are both out now??

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

(Gasps for more air)

No offense but that’s one of the most ridiculous posts I’ve seen in ages. I mean, REALLY?! Please, next tell me you’re going to lambast the BSA and literally almost EVERY OTHER YOUTH PROGRAM THAT HAS EVER GRACED GOD’S GREEN EARTH, right?!

Slave labor for fund raising and making the kids learn the value of hard wirk and earning their way rather than mooching off the system like so many others?! Good lord, there’s no pleasing some people, is there? Damned if you do, damned if you don’t, huh? So what’s their alternative if mooching and fund raising are both out now??

Very wise and astute observation. Thank you for posting out how wrong I am.

Xoxo
    FMJ

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Very wise and astute observation. Thank you for posting out how wrong I am.

Xoxo
    FMJ

Look, I apologize. I’m basically living off pure adrenaline after barely sleeping this past week. We found out yesterday at almost midnight at the emergency vet that my our four year old chiweenie, my sweet baby girl, has IVDD and can barely walk right now. She MAY recover after many weeks of strict crate rest. I’m barely holding it together and made a very stream-of-consciousness observation that would have been best kept to myself, and I was a jerk. While I still think it’s an odd stance, your post didn’t warrant an attack from a delirious ass (me), so please accept my apology. I’ll try to a) censor my posts better going forward and 2) get some rest so I don’t have to worry about a) so much!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Look, I apologize. I’m basically living off pure adrenaline after barely sleeping this past week. We found out yesterday at almost midnight at the emergency vet that my our four year old chiweenie, my sweet baby girl, has IVDD and can barely walk right now. She MAY recover after many weeks of strict crate rest. I’m barely holding it together and made a very stream-of-consciousness observation that would have been best kept to myself, and I was a jerk. While I still think it’s an odd stance, your post didn’t warrant an attack from a delirious ass (me), so please accept my apology. I’ll try to a) censor my posts better going forward and 2) get some rest so I don’t have to worry about a) so much!
    It's all good bro.
    We are all fighting a battle of some kind.
    Don't think twice about it. I hope your sweet baby pulls through alright.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

(Gasps for more air)

I mean. I think this and that are a bit hyperbolic.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I don't see the Girl Scouts going door to door anymore, I see them inside stores and truck stops, with a table full of cookie boxes, a mom, several of her friends, and one or two scouting age girls with their noses buries in their $1,000
    I-phones. They barely know the product, have no sales pitch or strategy other than pity or "You have to support the Scouts or you're a horrible person ". They're not learning crap except how to manipulate men, and that comes naturally to a woman.

On a lighter note: Anyone here old enough to remember "Trick or Treating for UNICEF"?
    Yeah, they'd give you your little milk carton and send you out to beg for money from all the neighbors. You'd end up with some change, some candy, and a lifelong guilt complex.
    We thought we were collecting to help poor kids in cesspool countries, and that felt good. Then I discovered what the U.N. really did with those funds, and I've never felt so used since. Not even by a redhead.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Whenever I've seen them going door to door in the past, they still had the same entourage of a mother and her friends. Also a wagon.
    I think the current static sales location method is more due to the mother's being tired of all the walking than any brainstorm on the part of the young girls.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    On a lighter note: Anyone here old enough to remember "Trick or Treating for UNICEF"?
    Yeah, they'd give you your little milk carton and send you out to beg for money from all the neighbors. You'd end up with some change, some candy, and a lifelong guilt complex.
    We thought we were collecting to help poor kids in cesspool countries, and that felt good. Then I discovered what the U.N. really did with those funds, and I've never felt so used since. Not even by a redhead.
    I remember that as well. In recent years I was "encouraged" at one job to give to United Way and they're just as bad with their funds.

Dingleberry

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 12, 2021
    Indiana
    So a woke organization wants to use child slave labor to sell ******** cookies and you want to encourage this?

iu

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I heard that on the radio a day or two ago and thought, " I'm glad I got my order in when I did".
    Not a snowballs chance in Hades...
    They can keep them, at any price.
    Speaking of price, that article mentioned $5/ box.
    I was told they were $6/box this year.
    Sounds like maybe one troop or another might be trying to pad their profit margin.
    They are $6 per box, at least in whatever the name of the council that covers my daughters troop is under. Which I believe is all or almost all of IN. I believe it's the same everywhere, I think but am not positive that the price is set by the national council. That $5 was probably either a typo or going off last years prices.

My wife wasn't happy when she tried to order some either, I'm pretty sure they were sold out in 2-3 hrs at the most.
    Would you send your daughter door to door at that age? Asking for a friend…
    Scouts both girl and boy are required to have an adult with them when they go door to door, or at a booth set up somewhere for that matter. And it's been that way for years. When my son was in scouts selling popcorn going on 20 yrs ago it was that way.

Whenever I've seen them going door to door in the past, they still had the same entourage of a mother and her friends. Also a wagon.
    I think the current static sales location method is more due to the mother's being tired of all the walking than any brainstorm on the part of the young girls.
    They've been doing the booths for quite a few years now, but the last year or two the councils are pretty much mandating it from my understanding.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I quit buying cookies since they quit selling door to door……only down side is I haven’t been able to have any Scout & Mum soup since either.
    I'm pretty sure you can still have them delivered. But that may be area dependent, order online and the scout (and adult) do the delivery. But that still may be a problem with the soup though. That whole paper trail thing.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    A few weeks back I answered my door to find a cute little girl standing there, she asked me if I would like to buy some cookies.

I said yes, filled out a little sheet and gave her a $10 bill.

She came back and handed me two boxes of cookies. I have been eating them. I like them.

I did not realize until now just how traumatizing this experience was, I'm starting to get the shakes thinking about it. Is there a hotline I can call to report this incident? Perhaps a class-action lawsuit? A support group I can join?

I guess I'm really lucky to still have my wallet. Miraculously, she didn't get any of my guns either.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You paid $5 per box of cookies? Delivered? I suppose that’s not exactly fleecing. That’s not what Girl Scouts are charging at Walmart. Was that the family discount?

Top Bottom