Not open for further replies.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Anybody been to Walmart in either Greenwood or Martinsville? Looking for some .223 and 22lr if they have it.

I know it's not where you're asking about, but the Brownsburg Walmart always has a good selection of everything except .22 LR. Last time I checked they had 3 420-round ammo cans of Federal 5.56 for $169, I think. Lots of .223 and 5.56 from 20-round boxes of Tula steel case to Winchester PDX-1 and everything in-between (including Federal .223 100-packs for $39). Pretty much $40/round or a little less for FMJ. PDX-1 was about a buck and a half per round.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Dicks in Lafayette has a ton of American Eagle 22lr. 38gr copper plated hollow point. 40rd boxes. $2.49, limit 3 though. Also had about 30 boxes of winchester 22mag, no limit.

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Effin' ten cents per round instead of a cent or two, but they have it in stock today.

Sucks paying $0.10 per round of 22lr, but at least now you've got some and can shoot. $50 for 500 rounds is like paying $3.50 a gallon for gas, they've already won.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Rural King has the 10% off breast cancer awareness bucket going on and makes no mention of ammo...just guns. $2.99 for the bucket. All proceeds goes to breast cancer research for the bucket price.

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    22thundrclr.jpg

Just found these available at Palmetto. Sorry, but ten cents per round, I ordered four.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK so its been a few days, but last monday I had to stop by my local (Fishers 96th st WM) for something, and as usual stoped by the ammo cabinet UREAKA!!!!
    They had seven boxes of .22 LR (50 ct) for like $3.97 a box ea. WHA WHA WHA I stood there blinking not fully believing what I was seeing, .22lr, is it real? Can I beleive my eyes?
    Yes, seven whole boxes, no line, no riot, OK now don't "f" this up, I calmly looked a couple aisles over and low and behold the sporting goods manager (You freuent that WM during the day you know who I am talking about) down on her knees bless her heart, stocking the lower shelves with yoga mats.
    I waited oh so patiently, keeping my eyes peeled for the old retiree, or stock clerk I have heard rumors of clearing out the shelves for themelves.
    No I mustn't think about my self, there are other .22lr deprived guys and gals out there, heck some may be INGO members, I won't get them all......................

Well finally the last yoga mat was unboxed and placed on the shelf, the manager got up and said "Can I help you Sir"?

Don't blow it, buddy your turn has come !

Yes I said, I would like three of your small boxes of .22lr please.

I got the look, you married guys know what I am talking about, you know that cat crapped on the carpet again, and you didn't clean it up before she got home from work look.

Can you read sir, she says?

Detroit Public Schools educated, IU grad I said, but I try.

There is a sign right there on the cabinet says only ONE box of any size .22lr per customer per day, you blind baldheaded SOB, (well she didn't say that but she could have).

So, I got one box of .22lr (NOT FOR SALE) and a box of Perfecta 9mm.

That was almost a week ago, I should have gotten a lotto ticket too.

I personaly carried that box to the car, like the folks in the subdivision carry a plastic bag of fresh Labradoodle doodle for the whole world to see, and it is safe and secure in my (no I am not telling).

Anyway funny thing, I cannot for the life of me tell you what brand of .22lr they were/are?!?

I think they were Remmington, I hope they arn't .22 shorts?!?

Wow, my lucky day!

The shock is slowly wearing off!

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Yesterday (9/28) the wife bought a bunch of 9MM & .380 at Meijer. The Southport Rd store had a 4 box limit. The US 31 Greenwood store had no limit. Both stores had a good supply on hand including .40 and .45. Between the 2 stores she got 500 rds of .380 and 400 rds of 9MM for $305 sales tax included. Yep, you gotta' pay sales tax but no shipping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom