GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Using actual conviction records to show voter fraud happens is also a solid story, such that denying their existence would be the delusional side to take up. But it if the claim is that an election was stolen, there would need to be more information that gets to the scale of impact for all those cases.
    About the only claim I would make is that it would also be delusional to think that the convictions represent anything more than a tiny fraction of the amount of voting fraud that actually occurred.
    And that it will only get more sophisticated with time.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    About the only claim I would make is that it would also be delusional to think that the convictions represent anything more than a tiny fraction of the amount of voting fraud that actually occurred.
    I would add that it already has gotten more sophisticated, the fraud is being perpetrated, and those with normalcy bias, like jamil, use all the old rules to say nothing happened.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I would add that it already has gotten more sophisticated, the fraud is being perpetrated, and those with normalcy bias, like jamil, use all the old rules to say nothing happened.
    Right. The first hint of the stench of voting fraud should have brought loud and widespread calls for immediate voting reform!
    However it didn't. The media and too many people seem willing to coddle voting fraud and do nothing or say it doesn't matter. Holy S***! I have a hard time recognizing this reaction as American.
    We have the capability to run an honest election. To do anything else is BS.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'm sure convictions are a subset, even a small subset, of the actual fraud that happens. But, in terms of a practical claim that the election was stolen, you'd need to show the scale of the actual fraud. Until then, people can call you the delusional ones.

I suspect the fraud that actually happened was enough to swing the election. The practical good that suspicion has is what? Maybe that we should volunteer. Or get involved in politics. It was always a delusion to think Trump would be installed as president as a result of these claims. If you believe the election was rigged, I guess that should be a good motivator to get involved. But if we could actually prove fraud through the legal channels, that's a gamechanger.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's why I created that election fraud thread. Let's keep those factual accounts of the ways in which various interests are using voter fraud, in front of people.

But I think it's unfair to just dismiss my skepticism of your Kraken as merely normalcy bias. I'm not going to accept extraordinary claims without commensurate extraordinary evidence. And I'm certainly not going to accept it without question. You know there's a strong bias for that too, don't you?

I'll pay more attention to stuff that is reasonably, credibly proven. But if a right wing news outlet that's had a history of making **** up claims something without the usual journalistic standards, yeah, it's most reasonable to be skeptical of that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Right. The first hint of the stench of voting fraud should have brought loud and widespread calls for immediate voting reform!
    However it didn't. The media and too many people seem willing to coddle voting fraud and do nothing or say it doesn't matter. Holy S***! I have a hard time recognizing this reaction as American.
    We have the capability to run an honest election. To do anything else is BS.

I agree with that statement right up to the payoff. I think there was a stench of voter fraud in 2016. Lot's of questionable things happening. At that first stench demands from all sides should have proceeded. But reform? Not yet. Investigation. The media played a huge role in that. But I suspect, at least a little, that many of the sensational stories that came out about, we'll just call it 'Kraken' for short, may have been intentionally produced to get people upset about nonsense, so that the media could easily marginalize them.

That took too much attention away from what I think most was fraudulent about the election. And that is the changing of rules to favor democrats using covid as cover. They diluted the rules that make it harder to do the tactics they typically use. Ballot harvesting, what they prefer to call "canvassing", is WAY more effective if they have mail-in ballots, don't check signatures, don't require ID, extend deadlines to give them as much time as they need to gather the ballots they need.

If it weren't for chasing Kraken, and trying to keep Trump in office, I think a lot of credibility for Trump supporters was lost. Even the people I know who were Independents thought Trump voters were all saying crazy stuff about the election, and thought they only believed that because Trump was lying to them.

If it had just been about the stuff that they actually did, I think that narrative would have been harder. Media tells you it's raining, but people can tell when it's **** running down their backs.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Last Presidential term, the Dems said the election was stolen.
    Then, this term, the Repubs state that.

Yet, nothing gets done.

Last edited:
    Reactions: KG1

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Apparently Minnesota is not happy with Ilan Omar

NSFW cause the crowd is yelling unpleasant things to her

Also, I think "her people" are not happy with her abortion stance.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    America should have called for more election security - dumocraps are reducing election security more and more with every step.

Actions speak.
    That’s watter under the bridge. Americans who value freedoms need to be part of the mechanism to ensure free and fair elections. What they did to thwart that, they had people in positions of power that could pull that stuff. We need to be willing to get into government. Maybe it’s as simple as volunteering at voting centers. Find a way to get on the election board.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That’s watter under the bridge.
    Seems inappropriate when talking about election security.
    Kind of like saying "I refuse to learn anything from that particular piece of history."

Elections are an important part of this country, historically and currently. The threat to the integrity of elections is pretty serious.

I had applied to be an election judge in my area but after a diagnosis in January I felt it was best to retract my application.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Seems inappropriate when talking about election security.
    Kind of like saying "I refuse to learn anything from that particular piece of history."

Elections are an important part of this country, historically and currently. The threat to the integrity of elections is pretty serious.

I had applied to be an election judge in my area but after a diagnosis in January I felt it was best to retract my application.
    Quite the opposite. I said it's "water under the bridge" and then applied what we have learned to what we should be doing in the future. "Water under the bridge" in this context doesn't imply we forget history. It just means it's too late for "should have". What's done is done, and there's nothing we can do to revert 2020. All we can do is use what we've learned to help prepare us for the next and future elections.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Quite the opposite. I said it's "water under the bridge" and then applied what we have learned to what we should be doing in the future. "Water under the bridge" in this context doesn't imply we forget history. It just means it's too late for "should have". What's done is done, and there's nothing we can do to revert 2020. All we can do is use what we've learned to help prepare us for the next and future elections.
    OK, I get it now. Thanks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

White House hits back at Jeff Bezos, saying it's 'not surprising' he thinks oil and gas companies should 'reap record profits at the expense of the American people'​

White House, making friends.
    Shedding supporters and friends.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s watter under the bridge. Americans who value freedoms need to be part of the mechanism to ensure free and fair elections. What they did to thwart that, they had people in positions of power that could pull that stuff. We need to be willing to get into government. Maybe it’s as simple as volunteering at voting centers. Find a way to get on the election board.
    Don’t forget Soros put in handpicked secretary’s of state and attorney generals...

Top Bottom