• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im biting the bullet. Im moving the garden 3'. I built along the fence so I could use it as a trellis for my peas. The entire time Ive cursed it as I had to pull grass that grows betweeen the bed and the fence. Its too close to use any pesticides, and it just destroys the trimmer string. Im tired of it. So its getting moved 3' so I can make one pass with the push mower, and apply ground clear directly under the fence.

And when I need a new tiller, I can buy a rear tine unit. Being up against the fence in the corner, I wouldnt have been able to till about a 2 square foot area because the fence was in the way.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll grow those for you and deliver them for $70 all in. ;)

I'm looking for a stay busy hobby that I can use to pay for some gas money for early season fishing trips to Greene Sullivan.

Sounds good. Post up the address of your greenhouse. I'll come visit when I'm ready for summer crops.

FYI - Looking for better pricing though. Not the 'rona/Biden inflation indexed. ;)

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    We are going to do a lot of root crops like beets, carrots,kohlrabi this year along with sweet potatoes, all that store good and can be canned or freeze dried, and also doubling up on cabbage, onions,celery,leeks too.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Im biting the bullet. Im moving the garden 3'. I built along the fence so I could use it as a trellis for my peas. The entire time Ive cursed it as I had to pull grass that grows betweeen the bed and the fence. Its too close to use any pesticides, and it just destroys the trimmer string. Im tired of it. So its getting moved 3' so I can make one pass with the push mower, and apply ground clear directly under the fence.

And when I need a new tiller, I can buy a rear tine unit. Being up against the fence in the corner, I wouldnt have been able to till about a 2 square foot area because the fence was in the way.
    Just move the fence over 3 foot and maybe the neighbors wont notice:naughty:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Sounds good. Post up the address of your greenhouse. I'll come visit when I'm ready for summer crops.

FYI - Looking for better pricing though. Not the 'rona/Biden inflation indexed. ;)

Full disclosure - I will have to add a fairly steep "Greenhouse Construction" surcharge to your invoice. LOL

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And Commeicast and their locators strike again. Total losers.

This is my 2nd dig in less than a year. And just like the last one, within 24 hours of submitting the locate, they respond with the same response: " On Going Coordination - Unmarked delay or unclear instructions"

Uh, how is "North side of property, area marked with white paint. " unmarked or unclear? WT actual F people? NO other locators have problems with this. And this time I KNOW the line is within 3' of where I am going to be digging. Part of me wants to hit it and make them come fix it for free. Pretty sure if they fail to show up its not my problem when I hit it.

Probably like last time they will show up over a week after the dig to plant flags. :facepalm:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And Commeicast and their locators strike again. Total losers.

This is my 2nd dig in less than a year. And just like the last one, within 24 hours of submitting the locate, they respond with the same response: " On Going Coordination - Unmarked delay or unclear instructions"

Uh, how is "North side of property, area marked with white paint. " unmarked or unclear? WT actual F people? NO other locators have problems with this. And this time I KNOW the line is within 3' of where I am going to be digging. Part of me wants to hit it and make them come fix it for free. Pretty sure if they fail to show up its not my problem when I hit it.

Probably like last time they will show up over a week after the dig to plant flags. :facepalm:
    I wonder if I can file a complaint against the locator?

The ticket shows they are claiming "area not marked". Bull :poop: I marked it 15 minutes before I created the ticket.

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    This year (once spring decides to show up...) I am going to quadruple the size of growing space I have. Currently only have a small 4x6 plot that is close proximity to the ground. Trees near it have grown to the point of blocking out nearly 40-50% of sunlight throughout the day. I have taken the last year to map out a new location that will get direct sunlight the majority of the peak day, with ample time to not overburden the plants.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I've ordered seeds from ParK Seed years back. Their Whopper tomato was my norm at one time.

$6 for thirty Whopper seeds... :xmad:

https://parkseed.com/parks-whopper-cr-improved-hybrid-tomato-seeds/p/05380/ View attachment 192585

$9 for a pack of ten specialty cucumber seeds... :xmad:

https://parkseed.com/mini-me-f1-org...paign=indoorgrowing&utm_content=indoorgrowing View attachment 192586
    I stopped buying hybrids and went to heirloom/open pollinated whenever I could, so I can save seed. A guy could go broke buying some of that stuff.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I didn't think that much of these lacto-fermented jalapenos when they went in the fridge last year. They have begun to grow on me though now. I'll be doing more this year if blessed with japs.

20220416_135531.jpg

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I didn't think that much of these lacto-fermented jalapenos when they went in the fridge last year. They have begun to grow on me though now. I'll be doing more this year if blessed with japs.

View attachment 195195
    I've been lacto fermenting hot sauce for a few years now. Really fun to mess around with different combos of ingredients.

Japs, Poblanos, Cayenne, Onion, Garlic and Carrot has been the favorite so far.
    NMrPPwP.jpg

Ubj7gAG.jpg

Cherry tomatoes and basil are good too. Ready in 2-3 days. Little fizzy flavor bombs.
    8rSLtVj.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Checked the garden. Soil is really wet. No way it is going to dry out enough the next couple day and I think I have more rain in the forecast.

Top Bottom