• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Trying to grow alliums outside of the electric fence this year. I have not had much problem with the deer eating garlic. They seem to leave it alone, other than the tops of elephant garlic trimmed off by dumb-assed little deer that don't know and will try to eat anything green?

We will see. Be great, if "Allium Hill" works...

20220316_185120.jpg

Last edited:

WhiskE TangO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Bargersville
    I am planning to build an all new raised bed this year, possibly breaking ground within the next few weeks. My current bed is 3x5 and has been very productive over the last 5 years, but with things getting really expensive I'd like to add more/supplement as much as I can.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Is that shredded cardboard? Does this help to trap in moisture?

Yes, shipping boxes. Ran through a crosscut paper shredder.

I have composed a lot of it. It seems to break down like most other carbons.

I'm going to work harder to mulch with it this year. We will see how well it does.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

I'm going to work harder to mulch with it this year. We will see how well it does.

Not gonna lie. I wondered to myself, "Holy $#@%. How many matchbooks does it take to mulch with them?".

Need to get my prescription updated at the eye doc.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN

interesting. we get a lot of cardboard, but i doubt my little shredder at home could handle it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    interesting. we get a lot of cardboard, but i doubt my little shredder at home could handle it.

I ended up with the paper shredder from my brother's move out of state. It's just a home office shredder. I run everything paper that will go through it. Junk mail, grocery sacks, Amazon and any other shipping box.

I didn't have anything invested, but now I've gotten so used to "recycling" my own paper products, I'll likely have to buy another shredder, if this one kicks?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I was hoping to downsize this year but with expected food shortages, I guess not this year.
    That was our plan as well ...........but appears we are upsizing now , and for similar reasons . Have been "Practicing" for a few years on what works for us as far as self sustaining and reproducing from the prior year`s harvest .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What the hell happened to spring?

3:00 in the afternoon. An icicle coming out of the hose that I was using last week, barefooted in shorts...

20220328_144056.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom