Galveston- Down by the tracks- are they closed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    The last time I was in DBTC was in 08 when Obummer got elected and all the .22lr was in in a jug at .15 cents a piece and the accurate #2 was $6 more per pound. Haven't been back there since. As a side note, started out after that at Downhams and was buying Unique and Bullseye for $16 a lb. My how things have changed. I liked Doug and Mary and I had the misfortune of stopping in there the day after she passed, Doug was a mess. She was a good lady and way competent.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ZX is still $20 on transfers last I heard. I heard that Midwest jumped up to something crazy, like $75, but I don’t know that for a fact.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Not everyone is cut out for retail... Me... I love it...

:D
    Your in the printing industry…there is no retail anymore…it’s all “bct” and “snap fish” now…online printing is where it’s at…

Nobody needs brick and mortar print shops anymore!..(fyi I’ve been printing since 1982 and love the industry!, where else can you take a blank piece of paper and turn it into something people can use to feed themselves and their families!)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    The only shop I have seen that where it made sense is Indiana gun club. For them its like $25-35 for something they dont carry, to $50 for something they do carry. Basically a "f you for not buying what we sell.
    The shop I worked for did that too, just remember they make more money on a 10% mark up on a 750 dollar gun than they do with a 50% mark up on a 50 dollar holster

Eventually online shops will run the mom and pops out of business, and when that happens you’ll start running out of places to do your transfers

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    In July 2022, CLS Pawn, corner of 931 and Carter in Kokomo, it was $20 for first gun $5 for each gun after that in same shipment. They were a little finicky about how the contact with the seller was made, but went smoothly for me.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    That would be “Judge and Jury Firearms” they are off of CR 400 just past the Andersons on 25.

Brice has himself a pretty nice shop out there. He is a bit off the beaten path but is well worth the drive. I have bought a couple guns from him and he has also done one transfer for me.

I would quote a price on transfers, but I honestly don’t remember what he charged and I don’t want to post incorrect information. I can truthfully say it was much less than $50!

jghelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    May 12, 2010
    logansport IN
    Brice has himself a pretty nice shop out there. He is a bit off the beaten path but is well worth the drive. I have bought a couple guns from him and he has also done one transfer for me.

I would quote a price on transfers, but I honestly don’t remember what he charged and I don’t want to post incorrect information. I can truthfully say it was much less than $50!
    Just watch out for the bear as soon as you walk in ! lol

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Downhams was a big part of my life , how I truly miss that place. I learned quite a bit from Doug.

Yes...a big part of my life as well. Doug and his brother Greg are good friends of mine have been for years. Some guys hung out at bars, I hung out at Downhams. Not sure which is cheaper though? :D

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I miss the little shop in Clayton IN. A nice old couple ran it, I forget the name. Closed shortly after covid. Got several pounds of powder, projectiles and dies there for reasonable prices for the time. It was like an old hardware store with not much organization and you never new what you'd find in a dark dusty corner.

Top Bottom