Funny Political Picture/Video Thread Part 9** The other side is still making it easy!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Not that I want to fact-check a cartoon, but I don't think the GOP gives too many ****s about that stuff other than to be seen on youtube by GOP voters, "destroying" the libs, for the purpose of endlessly fundraising.
    Can anyone remember and post in the context that a major fight for the GOP is on and both can and will be true simultaneously?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    A question, is a representative supposed to vote as the majority of their constituents wish? If so, how is that different?
    They are supposed to lay out what their platform is, and then stick to it regardless of what they think that ever-shifting thing known as "public opinion" is leaning towards.

If they made promises, and laid out principles on the campaign trail, they should stick with their platform and vote accordingly. There shouldn't be theses games of trying to jump on the latest bandwagon or appease the latest manufactured outrage. The fact that they won the election proves the only thing that should be of consideration to them: that the platform they campaigned on was the one that the majority wanted and had the political will to vote for. If they try to tweak and adapt that platform based on every new opinion poll, or on the latest manufactured-by-media outrage, then why don't we just do away with representative government and switch to a direct democracy already?

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    A question, is a representative supposed to vote as the majority of their constituents wish? If so, how is that different?
    One difference could be that if said representative was truly in touch with their constituency, they would have no need for a windsock.

That's what representation means to most of us simple folks.

Last edited:

BeDome

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Not that I want to fact-check a cartoon, but I don't think the GOP gives too many ****s about that stuff other than to be seen on youtube by GOP voters, "destroying" the libs, for the purpose of endlessly fundraising.
    :thumbsup:
    I wish I could cite one single example as retort, but we both see the Elephant Circus, daily.
    Nice fact-check, though!

Top Bottom