• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Duel props don't do what you suggest. Duals are counter rotation and also acts as rudders when making turns.. also with front steering turbines or whatever they are called in the nose.

My guess, most pictures I've seen of these big container ships are single prop/ rudder.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I guess they were right all along, Biden won fairly.

See that was easy. Just regurgitating what was fed to us. Covid was right, Russian collusion was right, golden showers also right…

See how easy that is!
    Given what is currently known and unknown, claiming that this incident was a terror attack is more akin to claiming that the moon landing was faked or that 9/11 was an inside job.

Pointing out demonstrably false claims ("the ship wasn't in the channel", "there were no harbor pilots on board") is not in any way equivalent to "regurgitating what was fed to us". Ironically, claiming that it was a terror attack is rather equivalent to regurgitating what has been fed to you.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    In situations like this I'm reminded of the end of the movie Sully. Over analysis, moving towards an assumption, of what was an accident led to forgetting that people don't always react predictably in unknown situations. There is always that human factor in accidents. I've never seen a news article about a container ship losing all power so it's hard to guess how even a well trained crew and the harbor pilots would react in the short amount of time they had to make decisions. I think at this point we don't know what their options were.

There was analysis after the sinking about how the Titanic might have avoided the iceberg if it had not been shifted into full reverse, dramatically reducing rudder control and causing a very slow turn.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Given what is currently known and unknown, claiming that this incident was a terror attack is more akin to claiming that the moon landing was faked or that 9/11 was an inside job.

Pointing out demonstrably false claims ("the ship wasn't in the channel", "there were no harbor pilots on board") is not in any way equivalent to "regurgitating what was fed to us". Ironically, claiming that it was a terror attack is rather equivalent to regurgitating what has been fed to you.
    I have not once said it was a terrorist attack. I actually said I do not know what happened. My concern was with those who made claims it was not a terrorist attack and seemingly thought I was nuts for just asking.

My point is this, I don‘t know what happened but based on my experience with government explanations, it will take a bit to convince me what they say is not a cover up of some sort.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And Biden says he’s basically going to shower them with cash to get it rebuilt. Wouldn’t the shipping company or owner of the ship be liable for the repair? I hit a power pole and broke it when I was in my 20s and I was charged 800 bucks for the replacement.
    Notice the difference in how this disaster is going to be handled vs New Palestine, Ohio

When its the little people they can't change the subject fast enough

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Listening to her on the warroom right now. She makes a compelling case.

I will admit I haven't read the article, but it seems to me if terrorists were making this an attack they would want a splashy, mass casualty attack as usual and if it was a sleeper cell infrastructure attack they would take over the bridge rather than sabotage the power on the boat because the timing would have to be just right, with a lot of unknowns (wind, current, position of the rudder when power was disrupted etc), in order to make it work and it could easily miss the target

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never ascribe to malice or conspiracy, that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or incompetence...

Many on social media are burning their credibility over this event.
    Not following deeply, are they asking questions or making declarations? Seems like asking questions and expressing skepticism is not allowed anymore. As often as we have been lied to in the past ten years or so I trust none of them…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Duel props don't do what you suggest. Duals are counter rotation and also acts as rudders when making turns.. also with front steering turbines or whatever they are called in the nose.
    Well, Tanker, cargo and container ships where thrust requirement is moderate where propeller efficiency requirements are high and draft in operating area is less variable, single propeller is more efficient.
    Ships like passenger ships that have higher speed requirements have large dual propellers.

Top Bottom