• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Thanks for the responses. Based on them, I am officially announcing my support for reparations of some sort.

If I have to pay for your school for your kids, then I might as well support robbery for one to support another.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Original post was one man's estimate of reparations. Could understand a **** him. Seems somewhat of a leap from I don't owe them anything to they can all go **** themselves. Especially if not of of them are asking for reparations.

How do you make that leap?

How do I make that leap?. . . . Easily. BLM has been calling for reparations for years, it is not just one man. Google is your friend.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    John Wayne's turn to get cancelled.

JW.jpg

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-democrats-resolution-john-wayne-airport-renamed

Sad.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Thanks for the responses. Based on them, I am officially announcing my support for reparations of some sort.

If I have to pay for your school for your kids, then I might as well support robbery for one to support another.

Wow, today I learned that educating our children to be productive members of society is the same as racial shakedowns.

:rolleyes:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So, based on your post, you believe that the educational system is producing productive members of society?

Interesting.

How many others here would support that position?

Wow, today I learned that educating our children to be productive members of society is the same as racial shakedowns.

:rolleyes:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Original post was one man's estimate of reparations. Could understand a **** him. Seems somewhat of a leap from I don't owe them anything to they can all go **** themselves. Especially if not of of them are asking for reparations.

How do you make that leap?

First of all, there are at least two sides to any transaction. The buyer, of course, and the seller/transferor, the seller's agent, the transportation companies, legal, etc. etc. etc.

Someone sold those people. It could have been their families, warring tribal enemies, kidnapping Arab traders, etc.
    Who were the shippers? I believe as many Africans were shipped to South America as the American colonies under Britain, or subsequently to the USA.

Assume we were able to identify all the parties involved and their economic profits from the transactions, what part would be identified to specific Americans?

And let us not forget others who were similarly situated in these unfortunate circumstances: namely, the Irish, the Chinese, the Latino, the Slavs, the American Indian.

======

So, assuming that all of the categorization is completed above, what amount is due for an ancestor of those sorely mistreated in our society prior to 1865?

40 acres and a mule.

How many of the farmers in the 1870's were able to successfully build a dynasty that lasted to the present day? Not many I suspect. Most fell on hard times and moved north to the cities. Or became sharecroppers, barely able to feed and clothe a family. Or educate them.

And then came the bank failures of the late 1800's. And then the Great Depression.

How many fortunes of any race survived over those 155 years? Not many, I assure you.

=====

But, let's put a figure on it for the sake of argument. 42 million individuals according to Wikipedia. And let's assume $10,000 in todays money for all, despite the likelihood that most would have lost or squandered or been subject to bank failures over the years. Almost 1/2 Trillion dollars.

Now, let's deduct:

The cost of the civil war.
    Affirmative Action
    Busing
    Grants and Endowments based on race
    Medicaid
    Welfare

Obviously, there are more programs. The list is not comprehensive. But, it is obvious that the quantity paid out to those "oppressed" exceeds that which might be due under any form of "reparations".

======

So, **** no. Never.

Life is hard. Pay attention in school. Stay off drugs. Break the cycle you were born into. You aren't alone. Many people have had it tough and have broken through. If you told them they were "privileged", they'd look at you like you were a moron and tell you to scram.

So, reparations?

**** no. Never.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So, based on your post, you believe that the educational system is producing productive members of society?

Interesting.

How many others here would support that position?
    Are you drunk posting?
    Sincerely not wanting to stoke a fire, or cause CM grief, but based on this convo and some other posts, that’s all I can come up with.

Yes, the educational system is producing productive members of society. I’m typing on a piece of glass without even thinking about it, and we’re just getting started.

It is also not even a fair comparison, the educational system and BLM’s demands for paybacks for something that happened generations ago.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    without giving full thought to your post. My idea of reparations comes from corporations that enabled it.

If a modern day corporation gained wealth based off of slave trade. Kill their dividend, end stock buybacks, and plow that money into reparations.

First of all, there are at least two sides to any transaction. The buyer, of course, and the seller/transferor, the seller's agent, the transportation companies, legal, etc. etc. etc.

Someone sold those people. It could have been their families, warring tribal enemies, kidnapping Arab traders, etc.
    Who were the shippers? I believe as many Africans were shipped to South America as the American colonies under Britain, or subsequently to the USA.

Assume we were able to identify all the parties involved and their economic profits from the transactions, what part would be identified to specific Americans?

And let us not forget others who were similarly situated in these unfortunate circumstances: namely, the Irish, the Chinese, the Latino, the Slavs, the American Indian.

======

So, assuming that all of the categorization is completed above, what amount is due for an ancestor of those sorely mistreated in our society prior to 1865?

40 acres and a mule.

How many of the farmers in the 1870's were able to successfully build a dynasty that lasted to the present day? Not many I suspect. Most fell on hard times and moved north to the cities. Or became sharecroppers, barely able to feed and clothe a family. Or educate them.

And then came the bank failures of the late 1800's. And then the Great Depression.

How many fortunes of any race survived over those 155 years? Not many, I assure you.

=====

But, let's put a figure on it for the sake of argument. 42 million individuals according to Wikipedia. And let's assume $10,000 in todays money for all, despite the likelihood that most would have lost or squandered or been subject to bank failures over the years. Almost 1/2 Trillion dollars.

Now, let's deduct:

The cost of the civil war.
    Affirmative Action
    Busing
    Grants and Endowments based on race
    Medicaid
    Welfare

Obviously, there are more programs. The list is not comprehensive. But, it is obvious that the quantity paid out to those "oppressed" exceeds that which might be due under any form of "reparations".

======

So, **** no. Never.

Life is hard. Pay attention in school. Stay off drugs. Break the cycle you were born into. You aren't alone. Many people have had it tough and have broken through. If you told them they were "privileged", they'd look at you like you were a moron and tell you to scram.

So, reparations?

**** no. Never.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    without giving full thought to your post. My idea of reparations comes from corporations that enabled it.

If a modern day corporation gained wealth based off of slave trade. Kill their dividend, end stock buybacks, and plow that money into reparations.

You mean like Nike and Apple?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    :)

I do admit I am drinking, however, I am serious when I wonder why I have to subsidize other peoples kids, especially when their parents don't believe in subsidizing anybody else.
    Ok, you're either drinking or trolling. Because...

dumb.gif

:):

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    :)

I do admit I am drinking, however, I am serious when I wonder why I have to subsidize other peoples kids, especially when their parents don't believe in subsidizing anybody else.

A basic education for children is vital to the success of a nation. Like any other number of things that our taxes pay for, like roads, infrastructure, military, etc.

"Reparations" is not subsidizing anyone. It's outright ****ing extortion that serves no purpose. Go back far enough in history, and you can find a reason to be a victim by proxy, no matter what the melanin content of your skin. It's a shakedown, pure and simple. The fact that you even equate education with a racist shakedown means that you need to lay off the bottle for a bit.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Because they're making that leap. Find me someone still alive that was an actual slave, and find their former owners that are still alive and let them settle up between them. That's as far as it should go.

Ok, I have a slight counter perspective...I don't mean to beat the drum but if we are talking reparations then I think the Delaware Indians have full rights to Conner Prairie.

OR - It's like ticketing a driver because they are going 65 mph on a road that was clearly marked 55 mph two weeks ago. Makes no difference that the rules changed and it's not that speed limit anymore.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The best way to calculate reparation payments is to average the yearly income of people across Africa and adjust the wages of Americans in the US who's family can be traced back to having been enslaved.

I figure most of them would owe the country many thousands of dollars a year.

A basic education for children is vital to the success of a nation. Like any other number of things that our taxes pay for, like roads, infrastructure, military, etc.
    "Reparations" is not subsidizing anyone. It's outright ****ing extortion that serves no purpose. Go back far enough in history, and you can find a reason to be a victim by proxy, no matter what the melanin content of your skin. It's a shakedown, pure and simple. The fact that you even equate education with a racist shakedown means that you need to lay off the bottle for a bit.

If a school was giving kids a basic education, we wouldn't be having a constitutional crisis every other day. The whole purpose for public school, initially, was to teach kids about civics and the constitution, to give them the necessary foundation to inherit and protect the republic.
    If we move back to that, then sure I'd understand the perspective. But so long as we're teaching kids about how our country is founded on white supremacy, that they can have a penis and be a woman, and how to have safe anal sex... I don't believe it serves any benefit to the greater public. It's just a radical leftist propganda outlet.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I agree. And I agree and I agree.

Posting while drinking is not as safe as it once was.

Tell you what, you and all the other like minded reperationists can foot that bill but you complain ABOUT PAYING FOR SCHOOLS. This is a head spin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom