• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Under cross examination, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo was asked by Defense Attorney Eric Nelson if he was familiar with the term “camera perspective bias.”

When showed the video of a different angle, from a body camera showing the seconds prior to medical personnel arriving, he agreed that Chauvin’s knee was on the shoulder blade of George Floyd and not the neck.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The medical examiner appeared to back the conclusion that Floyd was not asphyxiated -- listing a host of injuries absent in this case, in particular petechiae, or pinpoint-size red spots caused by broken blood vessels that can sometimes be a sign of asphyxiation.

Also highlighted in the report was that the autopsy failed to find "life-threatening" injuries in Floyd's neck near his head, spine, chest, brain, skull or related to the larynx.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Eh, it’s not that bad during the day anymore. During the riots we avoided anything downtown. But now it’s pretty much okay, depending on where you go. My wife and I like to cycle along both sides of the Ohio River, and feel pretty safe doing it. But after 6PM no ****ing way. And even before 6PM we don’t go west of 3rd street on the Louisville side.
    So BLM people are there posing a threat, to the good white folks in Louisville, like JCSR stated?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It pisses me that Louisville has been left to the BLM. The downtown and waterfront areas are just not safe for white folks. My wife and I used to enjoy Louisville for many years. Now it's just not worth the risk.
    BLM has made it unsafe for “White Folks” ‘eh? Somebody better tell these guys.
    43762FD6-E5C2-4FF3-88B6-AB703B7FF357.jpeg
    You sure you didn’t mean to say something else?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    View attachment 134998
    Out of context pic is out of context. They're not talking about some counter-protest. They're talking about general conditions in Louisville Kut. Do you really think there are mobs of white people harassing black folks down in the area of Louisville to which they're referring?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The medical examiner appeared to back the conclusion that Floyd was not asphyxiated -- listing a host of injuries absent in this case, in particular petechiae, or pinpoint-size red spots caused by broken blood vessels that can sometimes be a sign of asphyxiation.

Also highlighted in the report was that the autopsy failed to find "life-threatening" injuries in Floyd's neck near his head, spine, chest, brain, skull or related to the larynx.

The ME testified at the trial that is “topline” opinion at the time was that it was a homicide, and that his opinion is the same now. So that does tend to help the state. But also the defense got the ME to admit something to the effect that the drugs could have done the same thing.

So. That’s not a clear case, but it is reasonable doubt.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    View attachment 134998
    I didn’t say BLM made it unsafe for white people. I did say that I did not feel safe in downtown Louisville because people who did not say the words the angry mob wanted said were treated as enemies.

They were not hostile to “white allies”. And if you want a definition, ask one of the woke leaders.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    At the end of the day it comes down to this for me; would Floyd still be alive if the incident with the officers hadn’t occurred if you say “no” Chauvin walks. If you say “yes” Chauvin is guilty.
    At the end of the day, for me, it comes down to 'would Floyd still be alive if he had complied with the reasonable demands of the officers' or 'would Floyd still be alive if he hadn't committed a crime'

Given the toxicology report, I think he still was a dead man walking, but the stress of the encounter may have moved up the timing. Bottom line, self-induced

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    The ME testified at the trial that is “topline” opinion at the time was that it was a homicide, and that his opinion is the same now. So that does tend to help the state. But also the defense got the ME to admit something to the effect that the drugs could have done the same thing.

So. That’s not a clear case, but it is reasonable doubt.
    Gotcha :thumbsup:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't think they would have the best luck in rural Minnesota.

Depending on how you define ruralness, Minnesota is about in the middle of all states in rurality while Wyoming is less rural than average.
    So, I'm guessing you haven't actually been to much of Wyoming

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    All the fine folks in your pic support BLM. Don't try to strawman your way around it.
    Upon further inspection, I believe you're right! I misinterpreted Kut's reason for posting it.

Sorry Kut. Still not sure I agree with your point, but I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Out of context pic is out of context. They're not talking about some counter-protest. They're talking about general conditions in Louisville Kut. Do you really think there are mobs of white people harassing black folks down in the area of Louisville to which they're referring?
    So now BLM is meant to generally reference simply menacing Black people?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Upon further inspection, I believe you're right! I misinterpreted Kut's reason for posting it.

Sorry Kut. Still not sure I agree with your point, but I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.
    Do you understand the point in making? What’s there to disagree with then?

Top Bottom