• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Hey does anybody have some Super Glue I can borrow?

bd581329516975fba92e4fbfcf5c1fb1.gif

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    The press will think you are colorful.

I have trained in flip-flops. I wear them out often enough so I figured I would train in them. I don't find them to be terribly prohibitive to movement, but I have reasonable movement skills, ukemi and balance. I have also had my butt kicked by plenty of people who weren't wearing any shoes at all, so I am not convinced that shoes are a tactical necessity.

I suppose I shouldn't be, but I was somewhat surprised by the number of people who decided in their answer to judge a book by its cover. It is INGO after all. I wonder how far people are willing to take their position on preparedness clothing. I have seen very popular videos out of Taran Tactical where female RSOs are not at all dressed appropriately to avoid brass burns. I wonder if the same condemnation would exist if some of these fine gentlemen who oppose flip flops were faced with augmented breasts and tank tops.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville

I have trained in flip-flops. I wear them out often enough so I figured I would train in them. I don't find them to be terribly prohibitive to movement, but I have reasonable movement skills, ukemi and balance. I have also had my butt kicked by plenty of people who weren't wearing any shoes at all, so I am not convinced that shoes are a tactical necessity.

I suppose I shouldn't be, but I was somewhat surprised by the number of people who decided in their answer to judge a book by its cover. It is INGO after all. I wonder how far people are willing to take their position on preparedness clothing. I have seen very popular videos out of Taran Tactical where female RSOs are not at all dressed appropriately to avoid brass burns. I wonder if the same condemnation would exist if some of these fine gentlemen who oppose flip flops were faced with augmented breasts and tank tops.

Were these ladies with augmented breasts and tank tops properly oil so hot brass would not stick?

I will say this has changed my opinion more than anything else in this thread.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan

Nope, gun bunnies can eat a **** too (and frequently do, apparently). They are nothing but car show hotties meant to “sell” a brand. Sure, some can shoot and get good, but yeah, if I had a sugar daddy buying all my guns and ammo and giving me days on the range, I’d get better too.

Folks are missing the point of the flip flops - it was a cool trend from the uber-cool tactical Instagram hipsters to wear flip flops and multicam pants and Hawaiian shirts, to match their trendy mustaches. “Look at me, I’m so cool I don’t give a **** about being safe on the range.”

If you wear flip flops, sure - train in them so you know how to respond when something happens when you’re wearing them. But if you’re doing it for the cool factor, it just makes you (not YOU Huff, the Insta-hipsters) a douche.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Nothing saying you can’t have cool flip flops, just that it’s not prudent to wear them to the range unless you like foot injuries, thasallimsayin’

As our beloved Coach put it early in the thread, a lot of the issue is mobility and keeping your peds in a shape to run or fight without being a point of compromise.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And what is the point of those things? Nobody will see the graphics when you are wearing them. So pretty much you're the only one that will ever see how "awesome" they are.

Kinda like reproducing the Sistine Chapel ceiling on the back wall of your walk in closet; Doesnt matter how magnificent it is, nobody will ever see it.

Top Bottom