• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Hank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    A couple of days ago our swamp boat tour captain wore flip flops.

Had a swamp boat captain once... He was dressed like he was ready to be a stunt double for Stallone in Rambo 2. He was also barefoot... He commented about his full camo and lack of sleeves as his advantage if the boat sinks. He said the gators would for sure get us first as we flailed around in our bright clothes baggy. The creepy dude had a plan, and I respect that. Ha!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I thought flip flops or bare feet would be better in this case than hip waders

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...and the first thing that gunslinger did when he hit the street was to kick off those problematic flip flops. Bet he never wears them again...;)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Dude in the vid would have been better off bare foot from the start. That's where he went when looking for further or return threats.

At the shooting point in time, the guy had no choice in the matter. Differerent story if he had on proper shoes from the beginning.

kml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2013
    United States
    The instructor's footwear choice would be pretty low on my list of things to judge their competency on. A good argument can be made for trianing how you are. If that is the type of footwear you use i. The real world, training in it makes sense. Even if it is Chris Costa.

Not my footwear of choice but to each their own.

Doing defensive training in what you were wearing and carrying yesterday is a lot more realistically beneficial than showing up in your IDPA "cover garment" and full-on limited rig for a concealed carry course.

Top Bottom