fish selections.... 10 gal, going to 55 gal soon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I have a constant haze in the tank, I suspect the lack of a polishing pad is the problem. I may go creek hoping to find some bigger rocks maybe
    You know it's like really cold out right? Your man card has more cred than mine if you go creek hopping today!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    You know it's like really cold out right? Your man card has more cred than mine if you go creek hopping today!

I spent all day yesterday in a pair of shorts cleaning sidewalks and parking spots, got my dad at work, and pulled a car out of the ditch(knee was cold from touching the snow to reach the tow point).

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana

I don't use an in-line heater, but I've read lots of good things about the Hydor heaters, and I've read that in-line heaters can be more efficient.

On the canisters, Eheim and Fluval are both quality names, neither would be a bad choice... In fact, if you do some searching over on MFK, there was just a thread about that recently, think it all came down to brand loyalty and personal preference. I didn't have that kind of coin to drop, so I'm using one of the AquaTop canister filters. Their heater sucked, but the canister seems to be doing great for me. Added some extra filter floss in it (the generic blue and white cut-to-fit) and using ceramic rings and Seachem Matrix both for bio-media, no problems.

Also picking up a used 75g for free from a co-worker that I haven't decided what to use for yet (or even where I've got room to put it!)
    Good times.

Considering slowly moving to the dark side... (Saltwater)

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I was looking at a 20 gallon yesterday and the wife was like, 'Are you really wanting to spend that much on a fish tank?'

I was like, 'Are you serious? This is the department store special - it's cheap as ****.'

Looks like I have an uphill battle.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I was looking at a 20 gallon yesterday and the wife was like, 'Are you really wanting to spend that much on a fish tank?'

I was like, 'Are you serious? This is the department store special - it's cheap as ****.'

remember...nice and easy. I plan a 200-300 gal tank next year, wife isn't sure about it so we got a 10 gal for a little while, then come into possession of a 55 gal, then I'll go for the kill. I've also been told it helps to involve her in some degree, that will make it go easier.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Oh man, I've heard that before! I was gonna offer to sell you my 90 gallon setup, but I doubt she'd be happy about that one!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Man, you guys have to convince your wives to spend $ on guns and fish tanks. Best of luck.

My wife is already sold on me getting a shotgun AND she wants to get herself a pistol. Fish tanks are a bit harder of a sell, she doesn't care as long as the kids are fed and the bills are paid.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom