fish selections.... 10 gal, going to 55 gal soon.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    would make sense, my fish tanks are in my dining room right next to kitchen. You going to be up for a while? I got the urge to carry on about fish related topics.
    Yeah for a little while, I'm watching SNOWMAGEDEN 24/7 coverage... They called off work tomorrow so I get to stay up late :D

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Yeah for a little while, I'm watching SNOWMAGEDEN 24/7 coverage... They called off work tomorrow so I get to stay up late :D

so....keep my aquaclear 70 and put it on the 125 gal later, or return and get another tank at petco's dollar a gallon sale to build me a filter/refugium sump?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Well the filter, refugium setup will probably be more stable, but may be a lot more hassle than it's worth. A good canister filter with a solid maintenance schedule will be the thing that makes or breaks the tank.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Well the filter, refugium setup will probably be more stable, but may be a lot more hassle than it's worth. A good canister filter with a solid maintenance schedule will be the thing that makes or breaks the tank.

originally I was wanting to have 2 or 3 HOB filters and a canister(or two depending on which one I buy) or a refugium. originally was thinking about growing pothos in the refugium to work on nitrates, thus not as many water changes.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    originally I was wanting to have 2 or 3 HOB filters and a canister(or two depending on which one I buy) or a refugium. originally was thinking about growing pothos in the refugium to work on nitrates, thus not as many water changes.
    Fish tank nerds! I haven't the foggiest idea what you guys are talking about! I thought you add water, add fish, stare at fish, fish die, flush fish! Geez o peez!:D

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So...I have this tank pretty much full and no leaks so far. I'm considering resealing it before I silicone a 3D background on...should I reseal it now to save me trouble later, or just put the background in and deal with leaks later?

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Dirty tank before cleaning:

IMG_20140105_244310_474_zpsdymfayex.jpg

Almost clean tank today:

IMG_20140112_143107_456_zpsss06ovfa.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Slight thread jack, how do you get rid of ****ing ***** ass ****ing snails?

I picked up some free snails with some free fish recently and you know snails, if you have one, you have a thousand. Literally.

This is our 180 gallon freshwater tank on a custom built stand. The top of the tank is at 6' and we originally had it as the focal point in our living room. Sadly the current house doesn't have the space in the living room and it has been relegated to the spare bedroom. Is it crazy to think about adding an additional 750 square feet to the house so we can enjoy our aquarium?

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I picked up some free snails with some free fish recently and you know snails, if you have one, you have a thousand. Literally.

This is our 180 gallon freshwater tank on a custom built stand. The top of the tank is at 6' and we originally had it as the focal point in our living room. Sadly the current house doesn't have the space in the living room and it has been relegated to the spare bedroom. Is it crazy to think about adding an additional 750 square feet to the house so we can enjoy our aquarium?

Nice tank and depends if you got money to burn. Tried clown loach to get rid of snails?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle

Get yourself a clown loach, they love snails, mine will kill any I put in the tank.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Clown loaches eh? I had heard they might work but with a couple of endorsements like that I'll give them a try. Thanks!!
    You won't regret it, they are cool, they are shy at first but once they get used to things they will be out and about more. Mine never used to come out with the lights on, but I put a nice piece of drift wood in for him to hide in and he comes out all the time now, heck he's down right sociable now!

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    So who here said they can build custom stands and hoods for fish tanks? My oldest daughter keeps getting in my tanks.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    IMG_20141019_121041824_zpswbipesbw.jpg

Slooooooooooooow progress. Why does it seem to get a bigger tank in order takes longer then a smaller one?

Top Bottom