• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    lol not a tool I think about I lack the equipment but I used it…. And the fire picked up some but smoke comes pouring from unknown locations with the door shut
    In that case, I would say you most likely have some sort of obstruction in the gas path inside the stove if your flue is clear.
    Shifted how?? The big firebrick on top of the tubes is the baffle correct?
    Yep. Can you see a decent sized gap at its front edge?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ok…. We’re onto something. My wife is about to rip my head off. We’re hosting xmas Eve … and I keep smoking the place out..

but I moved that baffle with some oven mits on…. And the fire is noticeably different …. but smoke is still coming out

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Ok…. We’re onto something. My wife is about to rip my head off. We’re hosting xmas Eve … and I keep smoking the place out..

but I moved that baffle with some oven mits on…. And the fire is noticeably different …. but smoke is still coming out
    Hey, progress! Do you still have a window or door open in the room the stove is in? I'm not sure how the baffle fits, but I would gently try sliding it back as far as it will go.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It probably has a specific spot it's supposed to sit in. Without knowing better, it would say gently slide it back as far as it will go.
    Alright I will let this fire die down then precision and gentle don’t go well with hot and smoke

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Alright I will let this fire die down then precision and gentle don’t go well with hot and smoke
    Haha, yeah probably not. Found a cutaway view in the manual. Looks like it sits right on top of your secondary air tubes and should slide all the way back until it stops.
    1000001725.jpg

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    There is a corner piece that looks like where you would line up the baffle but it makes it not all the way back

But the manual looks like it is all the way back

Attachments

• IMG_6831.jpeg
      IMG_6831.jpeg
      459.8 KB · Views: 10

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    There is a corner piece that looks like where you would line up the baffle but it makes it not all the way back

But the manual looks like it is all the way back
    It looks like that little bracket is the to keep the baffle from sliding forward.
    1000001726.jpg
    From the cutaway in the upper right of the previous picture I posted, it looks like the baffle slides all the way back as far as it goes.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ok….. so part of the problem was wet wood. Part I believe is the baffle…. But it still isn’t right now I open the door and ash comes out at me… not smoke but with this 2x4 there is hardly any smoke at all just the ash…? If I put something that smokes at all it will still be coming out

My daughter said I’m like the dad from Christmas story fighting the furnace…..

Last edited:

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    well Christmas Eve was a success but the stove started belching smoke out of the damper halfway through the evening lol

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    No not at all the box was solid smoke. Dry hot wood. But the box fills with so much smoke it chokes out the fire
    I'd say a call to the folks you bought it from is in order. It also might be that your particular stove is sensitive to the warm weather, and just couldn't get a decent draft going. Either way they should be able to help you out.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I'd say a call to the folks you bought it from is in order. It also might be that your particular stove is sensitive to the warm weather, and just couldn't get a decent draft going. Either way they should be able to help you out.
    the strange part is that it was working fine before? so what could have changed?

So I called them today… they said it is from a cold chimney and sent me an instructional video on how to light the stove. I had a feeling it wasn’t going to work but I figured I would do it EXACTLY how they said.

It did not work.

The only thing I thought could have changed was….. I used some cardboard to light a fire one day instead of just the torch and kindling? I thought maybe that a flame had lodged itself in the way… but I ran a brush the full chimney length and stuck my arm vacuum and brush up around the oven to dislodge anything in the gas route.

I really thought we were onto something with the baffle since I most likely have bumped that loading the firebox too full.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom