• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    And for the record I really appreciate the guidance, offers, and everyone taking time out of their day to help this moron out I just am very frustrated and I don’t know what has changed

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Not sure where you're located, but I have some nice dry ash. Im just east of Greenfield and if you're close enough and want to swing by, I'd give you enough for your family Christmas fire.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So. Took your advice went to the garage grabbed a brand new kiln dried stored inside 2x4. Cut it into pieces stacked like a log cabin lit it….. smoked out my entire house. Shut the door fire goes out leave it open smoke pours in

fire is currently barely going with the door shut

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    When it's warm out (above 45 degrees), it will take longer to get going....Is smoke coming out the chimney?
    When the door is shut this was happening when it was cold outside also

2x4 fire is going (barely) …. When I open the door the fire picks up but smoke continues to come out the door. I went in the room and removed the spark cage.. since a lot of people have been talking about it no change.

I would guess it isn’t getting enough fresh air like the damper is blocked ….. but when I open the door the smoke should still go outside I’d think?

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I remember my Dad`s stove had some issues w/ smoke . Come to find out that his house was "too Tight " .
    If his water heater burner was on , the bath exhaust , range hood ,or the dryer was running , smoke would come back down the flue .
    He had to install a vent pipe to the attic space for extra combustion air ........
    We are all feeling for you ;) . Would rather try and help you solve the puzzle than read about a family that was overcome with smoke .
    Was just hoping for a simple fix ..........fingers crossed .

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If your flue/chimney is clear and you still have trouble with a window or door cracked, you might have some sort of obstruction in the stove. I looked through the manual linked above and there's a diagram of the gas path. Maybe look at as much of that path as you can without disassembly. If you have been unkowingly burning wet wood, you might have some buildup on sensitive areas. I've read some of the newer high efficiency stove can be finicky with such things.

1000001724.jpg

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I just read your entire manual linked above. I think your problem lies in the gas path inside the stove. Since you have that oven on top, the smoke and gas travel path is different than 99% of other stoves. Pg 15 shows the path. In fact it has 2 different paths to take and a couple direction changes. All of that leads to decreased draft.

Air intake seems to be on the bottom of stove. Got a small fan you can lay under there to see if that helps?

Safety warning: This will only show you that an outside air kit is needed....do not keep fan under the stove!!!!!

Edit: buckwacker got me by a minute lol

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    So I went up again… instead of eyeballing. The chimney is 2’ at most over the highest point within 10’ but WHY would it work for the past month if that were the issue.

I have vacuumed and brushed 80% of that gas path

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    So I went up again… instead of eyeballing. The chimney is 2’ at most over the highest point within 10’ but WHY would it work for the past month if that were the issue.

Was it colder outside ( compared to right now) over the past month when it ran fine? My stove is harder to light anytime it's over 40 outside. Under 40 and I can light it with 1 match.

Air pressure, temp, wind, rain, all play a factor

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012

Is it possible the baffle above the secondary air tubes has shifted, or something is obstructing the exit at the top front side of the combustion chamber?

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Is it possible the baffle above the secondary air tubes has shifted, or something is obstructing the exit at the top front side of the combustion chamber?
    Shifted how?? The big firebrick on top of the tubes is the baffle correct?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom