• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So I thought the flue was the adjustment on the chimney itself to adjust exhaust side…. I do not have that I only have an air intake adjustment. I believe my terminology is as lacking as my stove skills at this point.
    Have you used a chimney brush on it lately. They get full of soot and creosote. That can cause draw problems and sounds like it might be your problem. Clean them often, and you don't have to worry about a huge build up later on. It also helps them to draw much better.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I tried having a fan like that by mine and it smelled kind of melty plastic
    The stove itself has a built in blower that kicks on when it reaches a certain temperature ....
    There is also a heat generated fan on top that is hard to see ..........( don`t remember what they are called)
    I put up the white fan to help circulate the air further into the room . It has 3 speeds ( usually stays on low but will place it on high when the stove is really burning good and hot ) also helps cool it down quicker if the need arises .
    That fan has been there for 4 years with no issues ( Knocking on wood ( dry wood ;) )

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    My set up ................Looks like it is burning around 550 degrees here .....My pipe is single wall right out of the stove .
    View attachment 321667
    Burning around 600+ on this day ...........
    View attachment 321669
    Wow, jealous. I've got a VC Defiant but my room isn't nearly as awesome as yours. That looks awesome.

I still have some aesthetic work to do on the wall behind the stove, but haven't decided exactly what I want to do.

IMG_20231228_134445.jpg

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    The deer are a great start ! Mine are out in my garage ( the wife said there wasn`t room inside for them ;) )
    The stoves are good looking , but not a huge fan of the Flex Burn and Catalyst system . EPA has ruined today`s stoves ......
    I had an old Ember Hearth many years ago that was a breeze to control . Get a fire going ,turn the knobs out 3 turns and walk away .

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    The deer are a great start ! Mine are out in my garage ( the wife said there wasn`t room inside for them ;) )
    The stoves are good looking , but not a huge fan of the Flex Burn and Catalyst system . EPA has ruined today`s stoves ......
    I had an old Ember Hearth many years ago that was a breeze to control . Get a fire going ,turn the knobs out 3 turns and walk away .
    Mine is an older non cat 1610 that I rebuilt. I've heard the fountain assembly (the fireboard re-burn chamber in the back of the stove) doesn't hold up that well. We shall see, but I'm not going to be happy if I have to tear it apart to replace an overpriced $5-600 part every couple years. If that happens, i might resort to buying the fireboard and build them myself.

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    The guy across the street died about a year ago. He worked the kiln at Frat Inc all his grown years. There's a stack of rough cut oak in his carport 4 boards wide 6 ft tall. I'm guess 1X8X12 ft long. There's a crew there now cleaning out the house. I'll ask for the wood, carry it to my son's house for firewood.

klausm

Grouchy Gar
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    North Central
    The guy across the street died about a year ago. He worked the kiln at Frat Inc all his grown years. There's a stack of rough cut oak in his carport 4 boards wide 6 ft tall. I'm guess 1X8X12 ft long. There's a crew there now cleaning out the house. I'll ask for the wood, carry it to my son's house for firewood.
    I would get that and sell it to hobbyist's and woodworkers, that is worth some serious cash

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Took advantage of having the boy kid home and broke down a bunch of huge rounds I've had laying around for a couple years. Crazy how much wood is in a 24" thick 36"-48" diameter chunk.
    739a730e5a1b8fdc2e9e33d5d75cd3ce.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom