• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D K

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Apr 10, 2010
    Any word on whether they'll be open regular hours this week? Reluctant to call, figured they're rather preoccupied, but I was planning on stopping in this week before I saw the story.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Pre ram...

299681996_588231006340670_6014047458964354962_n.jpg

joe138

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I can think of four times the smash and grab has been used.

Indy
    Law Guns (LE Guns) on Shelby. (now long gone)
    Indy Trading Post (closed down)
    500 Guns.

Not Indy.
    Some place up north, HILLSIDE.
    The bangers made off with a 50 cal sans bolt there.
    Elmores also was burglarized in the same way.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Elmores also was burglarized in the same way.
    Yep, it is by far the most common, and frequent way used to steal guns.

Well except ITP. I think at some point every possible way but tunneling was used to try and get in that place... They even tried to come in through the roof!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can think of four times the smash and grab has been used.

Indy
    Law Guns (LE Guns) on Shelby. (now long gone)
    Indy Trading Post (closed down)
    500 Guns.

Not Indy.
    Some place up north, HILLSIDE.
    The bangers made off with a 50 cal sans bolt there.

Blythe's in Griffith. Across the street from Griffith PD.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg

Looks like they got the revolvers and assorted 9mm pistols.

View attachment 273102

View attachment 273103

View attachment 273104
    At first I thought the perps weren't boomers because they left the 1911s but now I wonder since they took all the revolvers

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, could have been stopped with one bollard in that gap...

BGF clearly made an attempt with the flowerboxes and the battleship shells (Yes those are REAL training battleship shells).. but clearly this wasn't thought through..

Defenses are important, but measure and think them through!
    I completely understand the point you are making, and I agree a bollard in the middle of the opening between flower boxes might have stopped this. Without knowing the answer, I have to wonder if they were required to have a sidewalk with a specified width (thinking disability access). It's at least plausible that the city of BG, had some say in the property layout/ curb appeal when they approved the building. Again, I don't know that to be the case just a thought.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    This. Two mods have called you out on this. Your suggestion is frankly ridiculous.

My personal suggestion given your view on what should be done during a transaction, is that you skip buying and selling firearms anywhere except a FFL. Your views are incredibly naive and quite ridiculous. If you think that such over the top protections are required, a FFL and the corresponding 4473 is the only reasonable option for you.
    I tried to sell him a MKIV lower and he tried to tell me he could buy from Ruger cheaper. Didnt know who he was dealing with. Lol

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I completely understand the point you are making, and I agree a bollard in the middle of the opening between flower boxes might have stopped this. Without knowing the answer, I have to wonder if they were required to have a sidewalk with a specified width (thinking disability access). It's at least plausible that the city of BG, had some say in the property layout/ curb appeal when they approved the building. Again, I don't know that to be the case just a thought.
    ADA access is accomplished by the sidewalk to the parking lot behind the flower beds.

The BGF front end is someone thinking, someone drives in off Emerson at high speed, how do we stop it. The whole, planning for what someone did last time.
    Rather then someone taking the time to carefully aim and edge a car up into that gap, and then flooring it in.

If someone doesn't want an ugly bollard when they open, they do make retractable models.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Fox 59 reports 16 yr old arrested for car theft of the ramming vehicle but no news about burglars.
    Is it just me, or did they just kind of throw "carjacking" out there like we knew there was a carjacking? Did I miss something?

The Beech Grove Police Department confirmed that a 16-year-old juvenile has been arrested and charged in connection to the carjacking. The burglary investigation remains ongoing.

Top Bottom