• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Carjack a vehicle to facilitate a smash and grab of firearms and they were out in 40 seconds. Doesn't seem like a spur of the moment decision.

Might see more of these with the pipeline of guns from the shipping company got shut off.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Is it just me, or did they just kind of throw "carjacking" out there like we knew there was a carjacking? Did I miss something?

The Beech Grove Police Department confirmed that a 16-year-old juvenile has been arrested and charged in connection to the carjacking. The burglary investigation remains ongoing.

Throw a bunch of charges at him and get him to flip on his buddies.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It's possible he doesn't know them and they jumped on 65 and headed north.
    Then he might end up doing some time. That would just be too bad...

Beech Grove has their own prosecutor and not covered by Mears I assume? If not, then forget what I said about him doing any time.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Post 22, yesterday. I doubt he was picked up in Beech Grove.

'We do know that the SUV used in the break-in was carjacked less than an hour earlier, from a couple at a mobile home park near Washington Street and Shadeland Avenue on the east side of Indianapolis.
    A police report shows officers arrested a 16-year-old boy for armed robbery in connection with the carjacking.'

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    If he was in on the robbery, that's a huge plus. He knows the players. I don't think this is 16 year olds though. I remember a couple other ram and grabs of stores, I think one was shoes. Was one of them female also? Could be local.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You don't get into trouble for unknowingly buying a hot item. Picture or no picture, you don't get your money back.
    Now hold on here just a second. If it's a semi-auto you can strip it down to the serial number part and turn it in as that according to the ATF is the firearm, and you can recuperate some of your loss. ;)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Update:

INDIANAPOLIS — At 3:11 a.m. Sunday, a trio of thieves in command of a carjacked SUV battered the front door of Beech Grove Firearms in the 3000 block of South Emerson Avenue, breeching a roll-down steel door, entering the store, smashing two glass display cases and escaping 40 seconds later with four dozen revolvers and 9-millimeter semi-automatic pistols in what the owner, a veteran police officer, said was no fly-by-night raid.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I can think of four times the smash and grab has been used.

Indy
    Law Guns (LE Guns) on Shelby. (now long gone)
    Indy Trading Post (closed down)
    500 Guns.

Not Indy.
    Some place up north, HILLSIDE.
    The bangers made off with a 50 cal sans bolt there.
    I had forgotten about the incident at 500 Guns. Then there was the incident at Don's in Greenwood in '97 when the thieves killed the staff and emptied the place.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Then he might end up doing some time. That would just be too bad...

Beech Grove has their own prosecutor and not covered by Mears I assume? If not, then forget what I said about him doing any time.
    No, Mears is the criminal prosecutor for the whole county and all independent cities within it. I believe BG has a city court that deals with traffic tickets and civil issues.

Top Bottom