• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Fortunately I only went to public school thru the 3rd grade, or my reading comprehension might be worse than it is!
    Wow! They let you go to 3rd grade? I didn't know you were wealthy.

To vlmace, We've already been through your photo idea several times. We're not doing it. Best of luck to you.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see you have several WTB ads up. You may want to list your requirements in those ads.
    This. Two mods have called you out on this. Your suggestion is frankly ridiculous.

My personal suggestion given your view on what should be done during a transaction, is that you skip buying and selling firearms anywhere except a FFL. Your views are incredibly naive and quite ridiculous. If you think that such over the top protections are required, a FFL and the corresponding 4473 is the only reasonable option for you.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    IF your doing a private transaction, always, ask for an ID/LTCH and take a pic of it NEXT to the firearm serial number you're buying, for your safety and peace of mind reasons.

z50xp-1619719725-16226-list_items-no.jpg

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I get it, but people are also concerned about identity theft.
    I am not really concerned about identity theft. My main concern would be giving a stranger my home address, especially if I were like many people on this board who may have made posts regarding their large/expensive firearm collection.

People here also tend to disclose things like preps they have, including collecting/stockpiling precious metals. I think that's why you are seeing so many people pushing back against this I.D request so quickly.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    It is not about the money, I do care the less, it is about TIME STAMP, where, when, time of transaction... IT IS ABOUT TO COVER YOUR OWN A$$
    Seems like a good time for a reply that also addresses the group...

First off, is it within the site/classifieds rules?

In the classifieds, the seller/trader sets the terms. If the terms are acceptable and the item(s) being sold/traded is perceived as having value, a sale/trade will take place. If not, no sale/trade.

As @d.kaufman stated, include all your terms in your ads. As you've no doubt observed not everyone is open to these terms.

@Cameramonkey mentioned doing a transfer at the point of sale/trade. "4473 required" in your ad(s) will cover this.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This is why you buy from a community of responsible gun owners, such as INGO. There is always a risk, but much more mitigated.

The big advantage of the INGO classifieds is the vetting process that comes with being a discussion forum with a classifieds section.
    I've been here since 2009 and I can't recall an incidence of someone trying to sell what they knew to be was a stolen firearm in the classifieds here nor have I ever seen anything about someone buying one here.

As many classified firearms deals that I have conducted here over many years I've never had a time where I felt that I had a reason to believe that I wasn't dealing with a proper person.

According to the law it stipulates that if you "knowingly" buy or sell to/from an improper person then you can be prosecuted. They would have to prove that I knew I was dealing with an improper person and that I knew they were selling me a stolen firearm.

I just ask to see a DL to confirm age and residency. I don't record anything. It's the only stipulation that I post in an add. If they can't or won't provide me with that then it's no deal.

I've done my due diligence according to the law. I've made sure they are an Indiana residence 18+ and I have never done a deal where I have "knowingly" dealt with an improper person.

I have kept and printed out all PMs that have been related to a firearms transaction here as proof of what was discussed and whom it was discussed with. I've never had an issue.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom