• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have heard rumors that felons are routinely not prosecuted when found in possession of firearms. Also, if they are prosecuted, they are usually sentenced to 6 months unsupervised probation.
    Anybody got any info on this?

tsm

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Allen county
    I have heard rumors that felons are routinely not prosecuted when found in possession of firearms. Also, if they are prosecuted, they are usually sentenced to 6 months unsupervised probation.
    Let’s hope that’s still true when one of Biden’s proclamations turns gun owners into felons for owning AR15s or mags over 10 rounds!

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Maybe ask Hunter?

Heck, Chicago has their Catch and Release program. I think they are up to 18 murders by felons released on home detention by weak kneed judges.

Laws only work if we enforce them and punish those who violate them. I don't want to hear any more drivel from Biden and Kamala about background checks until Hunter is sitting in a prison cell for the next ten years for lying on his Form 4473 (a felony). By the way, murder is still illegal in all 50 states, including the cities of Chicago and NYC.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    from 2013

from 2016

from 2013
    thought this was interesting..

Chicago, Los Angeles, New York Prosecuted Fewest Federal Gun Crimes

Rural areas including Alaska and Kansas prosecuted most.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I remember these same arguments brought up in the 70s and 80s when gun control advocates started barking about needing more laws. They weren't actually enforcing the ones they already had. Must be that old laws just aren't as stylish as new laws, or maybe it's that new law smell.;)

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I am not sure about now, but I remember when BOSS HOGG (Mayor Hogsett) was the District Attorney for the Indiana Southern District and was pretty hard Federally on Felons and weapons.
    I don't know about today, but back in the day you did the crime, he made sure you did serious time.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I am not sure about now, but I remember when BOSS HOGG (Mayor Hogsett) was the District Attorney for the Indiana Southern District and was pretty hard Federally on Felons and weapons.
    I don't know about today, but back in the day you did the crime, he made sure you did serious time.
    IIRC the george bush admin was running "operation exile" at that time, teaming up with local DAs, tag-teaming criminals in state and federal court and sending them to prison long enough for everyone to forget them.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Either or both. My impression is that the Federal Prosecutor does not think local criminals are worth his time and never prosecutes felons under federal law for gun possession.
    Not sure how it is in other cities but in Indy there are a lot of state and federal prosecutions for gun crimes. Probably due to the homicide numbers.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Either or both. My impression is that the Federal Prosecutor does not think local criminals are worth his time and never prosecutes felons under federal law for gun possession.

It's up and to each US Attorney to decide which cases get prosecuted Usually if it's a Federal Felon they will. If its a State felon it can depend on several factors. Like was he/she doing other thug stuff or just get pulled over for a DUI etc

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I remember these same arguments brought up in the 70s and 80s when gun control advocates started barking about needing more laws. They weren't actually enforcing the ones they already had. Must be that old laws just aren't as stylish as new laws, or maybe it's that new law smell.;)
    I thought that was thd smell of **** from having their heads up their asses.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Which is why it's funny when people think a post on the forum is bait by the ATF.

There are criteria for one guy/one gun cases. Violence, gang affiliaton, etc. The guy with a twenty year old non violent felony who comes to their attention due to something minor isn't likely to get filed.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

There should be laws against this.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It is a hard sell to the USA. When I was in LE I got exactly one prosecuted and I turned over scores.

Child Molester with top break .32 in bar. He got 60 months (do 85%).

Top Bottom