• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    “If that is true, it would suggest that material residing unlawfully at Mar-a-Lago may have been classified at the highest classification level,” said David Laufman, the former chief of the Justice Department’s counterintelligence section, which investigates leaks of classified information. “If the FBI and the Department of Justice believed there were top secret materials still at Mar-a-Lago, that would lend itself to greater ‘hair-on-fire’ motivation to recover that material as quickly as possible.”

So three months and change before a midterm election in which it's very likely the democrats will lose control of one or both houses of congress, they just now find out that Trump has top secret documents on nuclear weapons? Really? I kinda doubt that this just came up. So now "hair-on-fire" time? Let's say the timing makes me quite skeptical.
    Agreed, but also remember the President is the final authority on what is classified the courts have ruled. So he can declassify anything…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Remains to be seen. If it is proven that he went around the prohibition on gain of function research in Woohan, IANAL but it seems like some law has been broken. At least fire the guy and take away his pension. But if that's not enough, so that no one ever has to see his face, that would be enough.
    That lefty does not understand this explains just who he is. He only posts in this and the abortion thread.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Agreed, but also remember the President is the final authority on what is classified the courts have ruled. So he can declassify anything…
    *could have. He's no longer president.

What's been alleged in several reports is that he has information on nukes. And some are even saying he has the codes. Which I find utterly ridiculous.

The disproportionate response to whatever documents they were looking for is only reasonably explained by some kind of document that warrants a "hair-on-fire" action like this. Which if they suddenly discovered that he had nuclear codes that were actually still usable, I would think that would logically conclude with such a raid. Is that really likely the case?

No. So I think if we're going to speculate on what they were looking for, I suspect it might be something damaging to democrats. Like the documents that prove exactly what the FBI's role in spying on him was. That I could believe. If Trump had such documents, and had declassified them, I hope he would be smart enough to keep them somewhere beyond the reach of the FBI.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    SEC can't lock anyone up. They are a civil regulatory agency. And as useless as **** on a boar hog.

They call their penalties "fines." As far as I'm concerned, they are just taking their cut. Usually from the same bastards that they were just employed by before they joined the SEC.

It's a big club...
    That's just shorthand for being put in jail for violating securities and exchange laws.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

What's been alleged in several reports is that he has information on nukes. And some are even saying he has the codes. Which I find utterly ridiculous.

The disproportionate response to whatever documents they were looking for is only reasonably explained by some kind of document that warrants a "hair-on-fire" action like this. Which if they suddenly discovered that he had nuclear codes that were actually still usable, I would think that would logically conclude with such a raid. Is that really likely the case?

No. So I think if we're going to speculate on what they were looking for, I suspect it might be something damaging to democrats. Like the documents that prove exactly what the FBI's role in spying on him was. That I could believe. If Trump had such documents, and had declassified them, I hope he would be smart enough to keep them somewhere beyond the reach of the FBI.
    And since the FBI and DOJ are parties in a war with Trump, who is the neurtral party we could trust if the documents were to be announced as worthy of the raid?

What if Trump ordered the documents declassified but the civil service DC dem deep staters failed to execute it unbeknownst to Trump?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think you mean, they wouldn’t gain the EC vote from another home state. Florida EC votes would still go to them if they won Florida.
    I read from a political pundit that if both on a ticket are from the same state, they forfeit that states votes.

Have not had time to verify this.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I read from a political pundit that if both on a ticket are from the same state, they forfeit that states votes.

Did not know this...

After state election officials certify the popular vote of each state, the winning slate of electors meet in the state capital and cast two ballots—one for Vice President and one for President. Electors cannot vote for a Presidential and Vice Presidential candidate who both hail from an elector’s home state.

I'd expect Trump to change his residency if he is thinking about having DeSantis as his VP.

Although, in this case, DeSantis as head of the D.O.J. would be more interesting then V.P.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Article II states: “The electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for two persons, of whom one at least shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves.”

But if an election turns out to be particularly close, the rule could potentially come into play. It almost did in the notoriously contentious election of 2000. When Texas Gov. George W. Bush chose Dick Cheney as his running mate on the Republican ticket, Cheney had been living and voting and paying taxes for five years in Texas. Shortly before the election, however, Cheney obtained a Wyoming driver’s license and put his Dallas home on the market. (He had a vacation home in Wyoming, which is the state he had formerly represented in the U.S. Congress.) Good thing for him he did: The Bush-Cheney ticket ended up winning with 271 electoral votes—just a slim five-vote margin—over Al Gore and Joe Lieberman, a total they certainly wouldn’t have hit without Texas’ 32 votes.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

What is the point for Trump to still have wanted to possess nuclear codes after he left office? He can't act on them. That part doesn't make any sense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's a good point. On INGO, the sentiment for Holcomb has been quite negative. INGOservatives were mostly in favor of the libertarian candidate running against Holcomb. But, Holcomb won in a landslide. I think most run-of-the-mill conservatives are either neocons or chamber-o-commerce Republican types
    [OF COURSE you do. Unlike those self-anointed few giants among us who see all sides of every issue so clearly (just ask them)] So they like candidates like Holcomb.

But, I think this forum does represent Trump fans fairly well. If someone wants to understand Trump fans better, it's probably fair representation. Said another way, almost all Trump fans are at least a little conservative, but not all conservatives are Trump fans.
    And yet Trump beat Biden in Indiana in 2020 by 16 points, 57.02% to 40.96%, and the stories that some people want to tell themselves about statewide elections, or indeed about why he won every bellwhether and actually GAINED over 11 million popular votes while supposedly losing, are just that - comfortable bedtime stories for the normalcy biased who don't want their boat rocked. The favored rationale that Trump lost because people were voting against his personality is given the lie by those figures

Maybe the problem was that libertarian candidates in general are seen as political outliers who will never be able to get anything of substance done because; 4%. Given that supposition, Holcomb was a shoo-in over any Democrat , and the actual results bear that out

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    See, this is where I think you don't understand Trumpers. He's elite, but doesn't advocate for elites. This is why he's called a populist. He uses the working man's language. He advocates for things they want. And, maybe he's not sincere about all of that. I seriously doubt he's sincere about religion. But, he acts as if he's one of them, regardless of his wealth. And even I have to admit that his policies were mostly conservative.
    And how would that description vary in any meaningful way if you were describing H Ross Perot

Top Bottom