FBI raids all over Indiana...what's going on?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    As the title says.

Got the links from another site.

"From WANE-TV, Ft. Wayne:

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE)--The FBI initiated what it called a large scale raid across Indiana Wednesday morning. Leaders there say both Huntington and Steuben County were targeted.

The FBI reports several locations from "the north to the south" of the state have been targeted. At this point, leaders there are not releasing the reason for the raids or how many locations were targeted. More than 300 agents were said to be involved in the raids.

One individual is said to have been apprehended in Hamilton. According to the FBI, there was also investigative activity in Huntington, but agents are still looking for the person of interest there.

Two arrests are said to have been made in Elkhart.

According to leaders with the Huntington County Sheriff's Department, it appears the FBI conducted the raids without the help of Huntington city or county officers.

In, addition, a Raid-Related SWAT Standoff on the East Side of Indianapolis has ended with the perp dying of a self-inflicted Gunshot."

FBI runs statewide raids; 2 arrested in Elkhart - wsbt.com

FBI: Large-scale effort under way in Indiana | www.ktvu.com

FBI in Lafayette for state-wide investigation | WLFI - Lafayette, Indiana

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't know. I drove in from work in Frankfort this morning and saw them being all tactical at the liquor store. They knocked out the light on top of the hill and had half of LPD directing traffic. Always nice to see members of the SWAT team directing traffic.:D

I knew something was up, but shrugged and drove on by.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "In, addition, a Raid-Related SWAT Standoff on the East Side of Indianapolis has ended with the perp dying of a self-inflicted Gunshot."

Wrong. The SWAT standoff had nothing to do with the raids. I wish I could be wrong just 3% as often as the media and still get paid.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I knew something was up, but I blew kisses and drove on by

Negative, ghostrider.

I did not even yell my usual "No roll, Hondo?" when I see Tactical, Shmacktical SWAT types.

It was kind of open and obvious what they were up to but hey it's .gov's show.

powerstrokin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    Indiana
    I'm not sure but it probably has something to do with Israel.........

909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    So more than 300 agents were involved and all they got was 1 "apprehension" and 2 arrests ?

I wonder how many wrong doors they chain sawed through ?

I bet this operation wasn't expensive or a waste of time .

Somebody must have said some disparaging words on facebook .

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    "In, addition, a Raid-Related SWAT Standoff on the East Side of Indianapolis has ended with the perp dying of a self-inflicted Gunshot."

Wrong. The SWAT standoff had nothing to do with the raids. I wish I could be wrong just 3% as often as the media and still get paid.

I am with you. I am not sure which is worse, the newsies or the weather men. In both cases accuracy/truthfulness is in the toilet.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Always remember, news reporters are not rocket scientists or engineers or doctors or forensic
    pathologists. They are English majors, and their expertise is in sentence construction
    and grammar, and usually nothing else. Also their world veiw is tainted by the very
    editors that rule them!

Top Bottom