• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Am I the only one who doesn't like summer shandy?
    NO. I can't stand it.

Whats really good (and cheaper than LSS) is getting a cheap american lager (budweiser, Miller, Coors) and mixing it 50/50 with plain old lemonade. Found that one out last summer helping a buddy out... open keg and lemonade... I think it was coors light that I used.

Wait, doesn't this qualify as a shandy?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not big on "Summer" beers. The farthest I go is German wheats. But, my wife likes them, so I'll be making 10 gallons of Jalapeno blonde and a Jamaican Jerk Pale with honey, scotch bonnet peppers, thyme and lime zest - wish me luck on that one.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    flavor_diet_rootbeer.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, I find this thread to be kind of interesting to really see the differences in "beer drinking culture" in America as opposed to Europe...

Not that I've been to Europe, mind you.

But I do know that you ain't gonna get an "ice cold" beer in England or Germany. Chilled...perhaps. But many of "their" styles of beer just aren't meant to be consumed cold. In reality, the "warmth" or, rather, the lack of it being ice cold, supposedly really opens up flavors and aromas.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I like the Summer Shandy, first time I had it was on tap. I recently tried Shocktop Shandy, and didn't care for it. I like the original Shocktop a lot though. I like some of the Sam Adam's seasonal beers and Blue Moon as well.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Also, I find this thread to be kind of interesting to really see the differences in "beer drinking culture" in America as opposed to Europe...

Not that I've been to Europe, mind you.

But I do know that you ain't gonna get an "ice cold" beer in England or Germany. Chilled...perhaps. But many of "their" styles of beer just aren't meant to be consumed cold. In reality, the "warmth" or, rather, the lack of it being ice cold, supposedly really opens up flavors and aromas.

You are absolutely correct. And I won't ram my beer choices down anyone's neck - drink what you like to drink; it's supposed to be a treat, not a test. But it is true that the standard American macro brews are served ice cold primarily because that kills the flavor and aroma of what would otherwise be considered a pretty bad tasting beer. This isn't to say they don't have their place - you'd ruin a good beer by drinking it at 34 degrees, and sometimes I suppose slamming an ice cold beer has nothing to do with enjoying the taste of beer...

Top Bottom