• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My grandmother used to make Pfeffernüsse cookies (her parents were German immigrants). I made a batch for Christmas several years ago. They were popular with adults. They are much different than anything else. They aren't super sweet, are a little chewy and have just a slight hint of licorice flavor. I really like them. I might just have to make a batch or two this year.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Definitely fruitcake, my wife hates it so more for me.
    I'm a big fruitcake fan - I stick to Alton Brown's recipe which focuses on real fruit (not the stuff from Three Mile Island) and spices. Then a nice soak in Brandy and some aging in the basement.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I used my vintage Ronco Cookie Machine to make vanilla almond sugar cookies for years...then I bought another on eBay when the original broke...then a third. At this point, the 30+ year old plastics are all too brittle. They are still out there, but they just won't last anymore. The first one lasted 20 years. So I switched to a modern cookie press a few years ago. It makes great cookies, but it's just not the same.

il_794xN.3433160392_ps69.jpg

Q

Qwikdraw

I'm a big fruitcake fan - I stick to Alton Brown's recipe which focuses on real fruit (not the stuff from Three Mile Island) and spices. Then a nice soak in Brandy and some aging in the basement.
    So, you drink a bottle of Brandy, and sit in the basement getting older? I kid.

We have chocolate pecan pie, no bake cookies, and peanut butter fudge. All of these could be had any time of the year, but we make large batches for our extended family.
    We also make a Chex mix type of mess also, but it includes much more than pretzel sticks.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    My wife's family makes buckeyes, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, and pumpkin roll. My grandparents had a friend who made Springerles, which I love. Now that Grandma has moved to Florida, I don't know if I'll ever find another source.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife's family makes buckeyes, peanut butter fudge, chocolate fudge, and pumpkin roll. My grandparents had a friend who made Springerles, which I love. Now that Grandma has moved to Florida, I don't know if I'll ever find another source.
    A buddy's mom (from a very German family) used to make Springerles and I hated them. They were hard as a rock with a strong black licorice flavor. She made some weird cookies. Some were good, but some (like the Springerles) were just gross. :): I do remember my mom having the special rolling pin to make the Springerles (with the various patterns carved into it), but I don't remember her ever making them.

Top Bottom