• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I was told by my dad, that when he was a kid, that the hardware store where he went in EAST CHICAGO INDIANA sold full auto thompson machine guns off a rack behind counter.I asked him who would really buy one and for what purpose ? He told me mostly farmers were buying them for , get this, RAT EXTERMINATION on the farms. MAN, THE GOOD OLD DAYS LOL.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Years ago I got my License first then bought my first handgun. Walked in to a now defunct LGS and walking out with my first handgun.
    Also my Marlin 60 was bought from K-Mart for grand total of $95.
    Ah the good old days....

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Because it used to be that you could have a four year IN LTCH back in the day, and get convicted of a Felony, and have that lil pink card in your pocket supposedly until ISP caught up with you via revoking letter, and fraudulently fill out a Federal FM 4473, and walk out of the LGS with said GUN. They fixed that and now you look interested and peruse the other stuff in the store while you wait, and wait, and wait, for them to GET ER DONE.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Years ago I got my License first then bought my first handgun. Walked in to a now defunct LGS and walking out with my first handgun.
    Also my Marlin 60 was bought from K-Mart for grand total of $95.
    Ah the good old days....

I got my Model 60 at a K-Mart as well, but for $109, but a canvas sleeve and Tasco scope were included!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I was told by my dad, that when he was a kid, that the hardware store where he went in EAST CHICAGO INDIANA sold full auto thompson machine guns off a rack behind counter.I asked him who would really buy one and for what purpose ? He told me mostly farmers were buying them for , get this, RAT EXTERMINATION on the farms. MAN, THE GOOD OLD DAYS LOL.

Have you never heard of the rats in East Chicago?

Top Bottom