• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ohio chili - it's not chili. It's about the worst gruel imaginable. Watery and without taste.

At a Skyline Chili restaurant the waitress looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for a bowl of chili. They consider it a topping. Yuck!

True. I had a 5 way at Camp Washington chili to be nice to the gf's kids, and I did like it, but that ain't chili.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Ewww I'm not touching you if you have the clap.
    Thank you.

I can attest to the fact that there are drive thru beer barns in Ohio because I've went thru one when i used to travel to Columbus to visit friends there. About the only thing you might get driving thru a barn in in Indiana is maybe some manure or straw.

Or meth??

Used to be a drive thru convenience store in Peru that my ex-wife's brothers used to frequent. Don't know if it's still there or not because haven't been in Peru since the divorce 19 years ago.

There's one in Hartford City. No beer, of course.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ohio chili - it's not chili. It's about the worst gruel imaginable. Watery and without taste.

At a Skyline Chili restaurant the waitress looked at me like I was nuts when I asked for a bowl of chili. They consider it a topping. Yuck!
    They use chili like it was spaghetti sauce. No thank you. If I want spaghetti, I want it with real authentic spaghetti sauce. Otherwise just give me chili and it better be good. If you can't do that then I'm outta here. How can you call yourself "Skyline Chili" when you don't even serve traditional chili like it's intended to be?

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    They use chili like it was spaghetti sauce. No thank you. If I want spaghetti, I want it with real authentic spaghetti sauce. Otherwise just give me chili and it better be good. If you can't do that then I'm outta here. How can you call yourself "Skyline Chili" when you don't even serve traditional chili like it's intended to be?
    Just so you know, only savages use a spoon to wind their spaghetti. Real Italians/Sicilians use the edge of the plate.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They have their own chili "tradition". Not all traditions are worth preserving. It's sad when the best chili in the area is Wendy's.
    Agreed. I meant chiili that is served in a traditional sense and not as a freaking topping. Chili is not spaghetti sauce.

Reactions: oze

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I used a drive thru beer barn in Ohio on our way to Eldora speedway once. Thought it was one of the best ideas I had ever seen. You pull in, look around, get a trunk full of cold beer and a pack of smokes and never leave your car. I don't know why we don't have that. Pretty sure I saw a drive up liquor store somewhere in Whiting Indiana a week or so ago, but did not pull in to check it out. I am sure it isn't the same.

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Seems there is a blistering chlamydia epidemic raging among da yutes of certain small west central Ohio towns.
    The reason? These misguided yutes have been stashing their vape pens and boxes in their knickers in order to sneak them into school, and then sharing said devices with their friends.
    In the event I get this nastiness by this method, I hereby give permission to any and all INGO members who feel so inclined to beat me mercilessly with sticks.
    For the record, it is rumored that a certain chemistry teacher simply shook his head and muttered something about "best and brightest ".
    lol

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    There's one in Hartford City. No beer, of course.
    One in Gas City as well. Causes traffic issues because it is so close to the highway. I am not a fan. Chappys or Pappys or some such.

People will pull in there, or wait on the street for long periods instead of turning to the other side of the road and going inside the nearly empty C store.

Laziness prevails.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I used a drive thru beer barn in Ohio on our way to Eldora speedway once. Thought it was one of the best ideas I had ever seen. You pull in, look around, get a trunk full of cold beer and a pack of smokes and never leave your car. I don't know why we don't have that. Pretty sure I saw a drive up liquor store somewhere in Whiting Indiana a week or so ago, but did not pull in to check it out. I am sure it isn't the same.
    Also, you can walk around and shop for groceries with a nice craft beer or mixed drink in ohio. We do a Saturday road trip a couple times a year to jungle Jims in hamilton. First time we went years ago, I got a draft beer, and asked the girl at the bar if I needed to stay in a specific area until I finished it. She said “nope, you can go wherever you want”.

I thought that was the coolest thing I’d ever heard of.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Ohio's not really backward compared to us, just different. Try finding a drive through beer barn in Indiana. LOL, that reminds me of last year's Texas trip. I kept seeing cars lined up around a corner at a certain drive through. One day when it wasn't so busy I stopped in looking for some cheap earbuds. The girls had painted on jeans. LOL. OOOOOHHHH. Now I see why everyone wants to go here.
    :postpics:
    The devil with the drive through beer barns.. I want to hear more about the painted on jeans shack.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Also, you can walk around and shop for groceries with a nice craft beer or mixed drink in ohio. We do a Saturday road trip a couple times a year to jungle Jims in hamilton. First time we went years ago, I got a draft beer, and asked the girl at the bar if I needed to stay in a specific area until I finished it. She said “nope, you can go wherever you want”.

I thought that was the coolest thing I’d ever heard of.
    Isn't it illegal in Ohio to drink and carry?

I'm getting ready to spend three days at a seminar in Ohio and that has me concerned a bit.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Though one thing the buckeyes do get right... kids allowed in the bar areas of restaurants. I laugh when I see places like Ralph and Avas, or Wings etc where the only delineation between the bar area and restaurant is open railings made of 2" cast iron pipe.

Ohio does it right. They can be at tables in the bar, just not seated AT the bar. Here they can only be NEXT to the bar area, and nothing has to hide the bar area from sight. Ridiculous.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Though one thing the buckeyes do get right... kids allowed in the bar areas of restaurants. I laugh when I see places like Ralph and Avas, or Wings etc where the only delineation between the bar area and restaurant is open railings made of 2" cast iron pipe.

Ohio does it right. They can be at tables in the bar, just not seated AT the bar. Here they can only be NEXT to the bar area, and nothing has to hide the bar area from sight. Ridiculous.
    Wisconsin used to be like that as well. Maybe still is. Been many a moon since I was there.

Top Bottom