• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Been a Nascar fan all of my life and I'm kind of torn on this one. I definitely thought it was awesome to see, but I certainly don't want to see drivers doing this all the time.

I know it would only work on very few tracks, but I don't want every driver to be doing this at Martinsville just so they don't lose 5 spots in the final turn.
    Everyone couldn’t do it they would end up in a traffic jam at the top of the track.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    No more of a traffic jam than running the inside, Chastain was going 55mph faster through the corner than a normal lap.
    Wow 55mph faster!! lol I’m just thinking if they all got up there it’d be a mess and then down low is the advantage? Maybe not

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Awesome!

Thank you for posting this.

Do you figure this was the plan?

Do you think the team practiced or tested it at all or do you think the driver just decided to send it?
    Ross said he got the idea from playing video games. With the damage it caused I doubt it was practiced. Eventually the sidewalls of the tires would blow out and who knows what happens then.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No more of a traffic jam than running the inside, Chastain was going 55mph faster through the corner than a normal lap.
    This is where NASCAR can step in and put speed limiters on the cars. It was reported his car was on the rev-limiter the whole time. Simple fix it seems.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I like Larson but he needs a big glass of STFU on this one in my opinion.

I actually agree with Lagano on this. While it was cool to see, you can not have everyone doing it. NASCAR is already drafting a new rule, I would put money on it.

I would much rather see Ross in the final four than Denny.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I like Larson but he needs a big glass of STFU on this one in my opinion.

I actually agree with Lagano on this. While it was cool to see, you can not have everyone doing it. NASCAR is already drafting a new rule, I would put money on it.

I would much rather see Ross in the final four than Denny.

Wonder if Larson war-roomed his response with his handlers? Surely he has them, considering his past?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    The previous tin version of the cup cars wouldn't have stood up to that abuse. There has been much discussion among former racers who are now announcers about the current car taking heavier wall impacts on the right side and continuing on. Seed well planted NASCAR!

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    This is where NASCAR can step in and put speed limiters on the cars. It was reported his car was on the rev-limiter the whole time. Simple fix it seems.
    Yes please do. I almost wanted to start watching again. So I hope they enact yet another rule to make it even less interesting if that is possible.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yes please do. I almost wanted to start watching again. So I hope they enact yet another rule to make it even less interesting if that is possible.
    Bingo! Used to never miss a race, used to record the Sunday afternoon race and watch it on the porch in the evening, on my VCR no less. LOL

Top Bottom