• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I moved left to let a semi on. Now in front of another semi but he's way back. But speeding. He passed me but didn't really pass me. He tried to sandwich me between the 2 trucks. Luckily the other semi got in the emergency lane giving me time to slow down. It was really tight. He shouldn't drive.

Last edited:

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Sitting at stop light at 96th & Meridian St heading North today @ 4:00.
    Lady in Tesla in the right lane texting like crazy kept glancing up to watch the light and I was in the next lane as a passenger watching like a little kid in other vehicle, my driver takes off as light turns green and Tesla takes off like lightning. We were not competing for the same lane. WOW, hold on, car heading South turns in front of us running a red light. My driver hits the brake with plenty of time. Tesla Lady still looking at her phone t-bones the car turning in her path...

My point here is one just has to be alert as both parties were at fault here. Neither were paying attention.

Last edited:

Andy NWI

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    Hebron
    Rant Start. So the wife and I had a busy day running between Portage, Chesterton and Valparaiso. By the time we got home around 3:30 I was ready to tear some peoples heads off. Specifically we saw 6 separate drivers go through SOLID red lights. Not yellow turning to red. SOLID red lights. How no one got hit was amazing and thankful. Along with the general carelessness of peoples driving habits, it just gets me worked up frustrated. Generally I don't let it bug me. But seeing that yesterday was super annoying. Rant finished.
    I bet most of these perps were from Illinois

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have 61k miles and been in 16 states the past in my truck the last 1.5 years. Doesn't matter the age or vechile cost. Drivers has gotten worse. The left lane hanging has gotten worse. And the speed difference are crazy. When ppl are going 110mph plus there are ppl around going 45mph.
    But when no one is going under 55mph no one is going over 70mph.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    My wife was driving in the center lane of 465 today, with me, 2 grand kids, and one of the dogs. Traffic slowed and stopped. A semi was coming fast behind us, veered left and almost hit the retaining wall. When we caught up with him, he was looking down at his phone driving. Professional driver right there. Almost killed a whole family.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife was driving in the center lane of 465 today, with me, 2 grand kids, and one of the dogs. Traffic slowed and stopped. A semi was coming fast behind us, veered left and almost hit the retaining wall. When we caught up with him, he was looking down at his phone driving. Professional driver right there. Almost killed a whole family.
    I hate driving on 465 now. And I'm still not convinced that there's a truck driver shortage. It seems like there's nearly as many trucks on 465 as cars.

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Sitting at stop light at 96th & Meridian St heading North today @ 4:00.
    Lady in Tesla in the right lane texting like crazy kept glancing up to watch the light and I was in the next lane as a passenger watching like a little kid in other vehicle, my driver takes off as light turns green and Tesla takes off like lightning. We were not competing for the same lane. WOW, hold on, car heading South turns in front of us running a red light. My driver hits the brake with plenty of time. Tesla Lady still looking at her phone t-bones the car turning in her path...

My point here is one just has to be alert as both parties were at fault here. Neither were paying attention.
    I hope you hung around long enough to let po po know she was texting while driving

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yep.... intestate slowdowns / stoppages are super dangerous. I find myself watching traffic behind me as much if not more than in front of me when it's happening...

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    That truck's going awful fast. Almost my last words. On the phone not doing his professional driving job. And one of the girls wanted to stay home and I made her go. It's a local traffic loop treated like a 70 mph highway. I know where it slows down, I'm local. I got bright lighted by one in the center lane today, he tried to pass on the right but oops, busy onramp and there he sits.

Top Bottom