• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    and if people train their way to a better result.
    One thing I was told a long time ago that has worked for me, play out situations while you’re driving, and then think about the proper actions to take. Do this repeatedly and it will become reactionary when it really happens. For instance since you’re driving a truck, what actions need to take place when you blow a steer. No brakes, hammer the gas pedal, grip the wheel, very gently start decreasing speed, when it happens you won’t have much time to think, if you hit your brakes you could wind up laying it over before you have a chance to do anything.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I drive the south/east sides every day. Congestion during rush hour is still bad, but not as awful as it was before they reopened 70. Cant wait till 65 gets reopened. We used to have stop and go Eastbound before harding all the way to 74. Now it just slows between 65 and 70.

The other annoyance is people who cant read the signs... "25MPH WHEN FLASHING" and still slow down anyway when the lights are off like it is always a reduced speed zone.
    Where I live has/had one of those. The only problem was the light was a good 30-40 yrds past the sign and behind a tree. I didn't know where the light was for months until I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye one day when it was flashing. Even after knowing where was it was you would be almost out of the school zone before it could be seen.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where I live has/had one of those. The only problem was the light was a good 30-40 yrds past the sign and behind a tree. I didn't know where the light was for months until I caught a glimpse of it out of the corner of my eye one day when it was flashing. Even after knowing where was it was you would be almost out of the school zone before it could be seen.
    With ours, the lights are on the speed limit sign.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    With ours, the lights are on the speed limit sign.
    Yeah, most I've seen are like that. But I'm guessing where they put it was the easiest place, the light's on an electric pole. The tree is now gone and the light is visible. And I believe the sign is closer to the light as well.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The school zones with the signs that read "when children present" seem to be the most vague, non-specific. When school is in session? School days/hours/months vary. How could a non-local or non-parent know when school is in session. When children are literally present on the sidewalks and streets going/leaving school? This seems more obvious, but what if it's one child? Three? I'd like to see the school zone signs to be more specific. Those with time limits seem reasonable. Those with flashing lights seem specific. "When children present" seems to be convenient for those that benefit from written tickets.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The school zones with the signs that read "when children present" seem to be the most vague, non-specific. When school is in session? School days/hours/months vary. How could a non-local or non-parent know when school is in session. When children are literally present on the sidewalks and streets going/leaving school? This seems more obvious, but what if it's one child? Three? I'd like to see the school zone signs to be more specific. Those with time limits seem reasonable. Those with flashing lights seem specific. "When children present" seems to be convenient for those that benefit from written tickets.
    I think they should all have flashing lights and “End School Zone” signs, I hate the “When Children Present” signs, but in the interest of not getting fired and not giving the state anymore money than I already do, I just slow down.

Top Bottom