• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    The loop has been overcrowded for a while due to the north split construction. Hopefully some of the congestion will ease now that the split is reopened. Regardless, 465 is crazy to drive on. If one were to actually drive the posted 55mph, that car would be the hazard due to most of the other cars traveling so fast. At certain times of the day one could run 70mph and still get passed by cars traveling well in excess of 80mph. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just getting old or I've just had enough of it but I avoid 465 if/when I'm able.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    When this happens and it's not a Nissan or Dodge, it's usually the biggest ****box you'll see on the road that day. :):

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Rant Start. So the wife and I had a busy day running between Portage, Chesterton and Valparaiso. By the time we got home around 3:30 I was ready to tear some peoples heads off. Specifically we saw 6 separate drivers go through SOLID red lights. Not yellow turning to red. SOLID red lights. How no one got hit was amazing and thankful. Along with the general carelessness of peoples driving habits, it just gets me worked up frustrated. Generally I don't let it bug me. But seeing that yesterday was super annoying. Rant finished.
    Hmmmm....I wonder why so many Richmond idiots were in NW Indiana that day.
    It's so common here that if I'm sitting at a red light, I look both ways (even on one-way streets} before proceeding after my light turns green.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    A while back my 17 yr old son was driving to work. Stopped at a red light and when it turned green, he went. Some lady blew her red light and clipped his bumper as he went through the intersection. She took off - hit and run, but my son stopped and called the police to report it. Even had dash cam video.

Cop was about to give my son a ticket and declare him at fault because he said my son has a responsibility to make sure the intersection is clear before proceeding. Good thing I was there because I challenged that and showed the video to the cop and he eventually changed his mind. This is part of the problem. Punishing the drivers who are obeying the law rather than the ones driving like asshats.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Yesterday. Taking mini-me to daycare I drive through a school zone, and just like every other day someone is in a big hurry and will not follow school zone speed limits. So yesterday it was a toyota suv, and after we get through the speed zone I get behind her because I have to make a turn just ahead. We come up over a slight rise in the road and I see flashing red lights in the right lane. I slow down and stop, because it is a school bus with the stop arms out and the rear lights flashing. Toyota blows right through, didn't even hit the brakes.

She must have been in such a hurry to get to that red light at 146th street so she could stop and wait.

I've seen the reports on the news showing people driving right by stopped buses, but never saw it in person until yesterday.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    A while back my 17 yr old son was driving to work. Stopped at a red light and when it turned green, he went. Some lady blew her red light and clipped his bumper as he went through the intersection. She took off - hit and run, but my son stopped and called the police to report it. Even had dash cam video.

Cop was about to give my son a ticket and declare him at fault because he said my son has a responsibility to make sure the intersection is clear before proceeding. Good thing I was there because I challenged that and showed the video to the cop and he eventually changed his mind. This is part of the problem. Punishing the drivers who are obeying the law rather than the ones driving like asshats.
    Sounds like what happened to me, minus the dash cam.

This was the year I learned Indiana police and Indiana insurance expect you to yield to people running red lights, and blame you if you're in their way and get hit.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Solid red runs are every single day in Indy. If you ever want a new car, just plug in a dash cam and go right when the light turns green. By the end of the day somebody will oblige you.
    Started to go when the light turned green, another car still in intersection making a left in front of me, then another one, AND a third one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Started to go when the light turned green, another car still in intersection making a left in front of me, then another one, AND a third one.
    Did anyone honk at them?

I want them to be sure to know that other drivers do not approve.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Sounds like what happened to me, minus the dash cam.

This was the year I learned Indiana police and Indiana insurance expect you to yield to people running red lights, and blame you if you're in their way and get hit.
    Jeez, well that's good to know.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The loop has been overcrowded for a while due to the north split construction. Hopefully some of the congestion will ease now that the split is reopened. Regardless, 465 is crazy to drive on. If one were to actually drive the posted 55mph, that car would be the hazard due to most of the other cars traveling so fast. At certain times of the day one could run 70mph and still get passed by cars traveling well in excess of 80mph. I'm not sure if it's because I'm just getting old or I've just had enough of it but I avoid 465 if/when I'm able.
    I drive the south/east sides every day. Congestion during rush hour is still bad, but not as awful as it was before they reopened 70. Cant wait till 65 gets reopened. We used to have stop and go Eastbound before harding all the way to 74. Now it just slows between 65 and 70.

Yesterday. Taking mini-me to daycare I drive through a school zone, and just like every other day someone is in a big hurry and will not follow school zone speed limits. So yesterday it was a toyota suv, and after we get through the speed zone I get behind her because I have to make a turn just ahead. We come up over a slight rise in the road and I see flashing red lights in the right lane. I slow down and stop, because it is a school bus with the stop arms out and the rear lights flashing. Toyota blows right through, didn't even hit the brakes.

She must have been in such a hurry to get to that red light at 146th street so she could stop and wait.

I've seen the reports on the news showing people driving right by stopped buses, but never saw it in person until yesterday.
    The other annoyance is people who cant read the signs... "25MPH WHEN FLASHING" and still slow down anyway when the lights are off like it is always a reduced speed zone.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    The other annoyance is people who cant read the signs... "25MPH WHEN FLASHING" and still slow down anyway when the lights are off like it is always a reduced speed zone.
    Yup. It can get confusing around this area(Noblesville/Westfield/Carmel) because every school zone is different. Some have the limits from 7am-4:30pm, some are 7:30am-10am then 2:30pm-4:30pm, and one I know of "When Flashing". It's easy if you read the sign.

I am still floored about the suv passing the bus. How do you not see the red flashing lights and the two flashing stop signs on the side of the bus? -rhetorical question, but still :dunno: .

I bought a dash cam for my truck with Christmas money, but I take mini-me in @PhotoNinja 's jeep. Now I'm thinking of getting one for her.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Saw exactly this yesterday. Light for straight was green. Three more cars freight-trained through the intersection after their light was long-time red.

Having consideration for other people and following the agreed upon rules of the road are apparently passé.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saw exactly this yesterday. Light for straight was green. Three more cars freight-trained through the intersection after their light was long-time red.

Having consideration for other people and following the agreed upon rules of the road are apparently passé.
    Colosseum and Lima?

That intersection is guaranteed to have that at certain times of the day.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Which dashcams are you using and recommend? Only need video and prefer front + rear views, no driver assistance, gps or alerting needed and 4K resolution. Memory card slot is a must have feature as well.

And not chynese if possible.

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    I see it every day on the road. I cover 30K miles a year in nwi and the Chicagoland area in a 20K lb service truck working on const equipment. Not a day goes by that I don't get hit by some asshat

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    FF20B16D-8275-4493-904A-170925D04A00.jpeg
    This was how a head on ended today, the head on happened about 25-50’ in front of my front bumper. Guy in the white car pulled out to pass 4 cars (his words) and me in a triaxle semi with a triaxle detach (65-70’ish long). I was going 55, saw him coming in my rearview and thought “this isn’t going to work” then wham. White car almost flipped end for end and spun around both landed in the ditch.
    I figured no one lived, but the guy in the red car (the innocent one) had a broken ankle and very shook up, the guy in the white car had a cut on his hand and was standing there like it was just another day. At least while I was there. I hope the dude in the red car is ok.

Had to be a 70 vs 50 mph or so impact.

Life can change in an instant.

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Saw a guy get rear ended yesterday afternoon in Greenwood, the really disturbing part was at least 3 people had to lock up the brakes to keep from rear ending people, and it was pretty obvious a guy was turning left, turn signal on, brake lights working, people just hammering down and stop paying attention after the lights turn green.

Top Bottom