• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I heard both, but I can't confirm.
    When I worked in Chicago, I was a docket clerk (pre-grad school until I was done with 1L) before I was a law clerk (where you sit your ass down and work in the firm's library, all frickin' day).

Docket clerks were runners for the firm. Hop in cab, go here, go there. I had to run to IIRC Good Shepherd hospital to have interrogs signed.

As I walked in I see a group of young men, platoon strength, all in wheelchairs, most with C-bags. Support group for traumatic injuries (guess what their injuries were). Too many think being shot is like television, it is not.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    When I worked in Chicago, I was a docket clerk (pre-grad school until I was done with 1L) before I was a law clerk (where you sit your ass down and work in the firm's library, all frickin' day).

Docket clerks were runners for the firm. Hop in cab, go here, go there. I had to run to IIRC Good Shepherd hospital to have interrogs signed.

As I walked in I see a group of young men, platoon strength, all in wheelchairs, most with C-bags. Support group for traumatic injuries (guess what their injuries were). Too many think being shot is like television, it is not.
    It definitely isn't like TV. I've never been shot, but I've seen enough shootees to knos I don't want it to happen to me.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    As far as long guns in the trunk, that is the only option for the Ford Interceptors and the newer Dodge Chargers. My Crown Vic had a roof rack.

Here is where my brain went.

f82f7a39f8c6f76c1932a5b4fa2d1e66.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks, I was hoping it was space considerations and not political BS about not wanting the public to see "military assault rifles" in the cars.

Space considerations. Especially with an optic. Most mounts suck and are not exactly rapid access. I'd rather have mine in the trunk where at least I have cover while I'm getting it out if I didn't have time to dismount it before hand.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hey, my sled may have a few scuffs and scrapes, but it has a new hood and windshield....we can't take anyone on ride-alongs right now anyway due to that whole "COVID" thing. KellyInAvon was the last person to ride with me, and got to experience a PIT first-hand.

Yes, my car was the one on the left.

If you get permission from your wife, I can ask Iversen if you can kiss her booboos...
    Have you gotten the passenger side "oh hell!!" handle replaced? A couple times holding on was needed.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    We don't have cages/partitions to transport prisoners.

How do you take people to jail? Just put 'em the back seat and get spit on and all of that? Is it just a regular seat back there too? What happens if a drunk pukes back there? ugh... There's almost no answer to those questions that doesn't end with "you guys need raises".

I'm pleased to report that I've only been in the back of a police car a single time and it was just for a courtesy ride. It was the full-on real deal back there though with the single piece molded plastic seat, plexi barrier, no door handles, etc. Scary AF for a couple of teenagers that just were getting a lift to a pay phone (circa... 1995-ish?).

Top Bottom