• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    W 62nd and Michigan seems to be a favorite intersection for POS thugs....some of whom go to a closed casket funeral.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a question for LEOs trained in such matters.

In a situation like this where the POS thug pulls off, stops, and is trying to fire from the driver position with an open door, is ramming the SOB a viable option?

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I have a question for LEOs trained in such matters.

In a situation like this where the POS thug pulls off, stops, and is trying to fire from the driver position with an open door, is ramming the SOB a viable option?
    My car was the one facing the SUV and had the bullet strikes to the windshield and hood. He didn't open the door until he was ready to start shooting, and I wasn't in my car when he started shooting. So it technically is an option, but if you are still sitting in the driver's seat of a police car in that situation, you're a dumbass. The round that hit the windshield fragmented down and to the left, so it would have hit me in the face or upper toso had I still been sitting there. Not to mention the bazillion tiny fragments of glass that I had to clean out of my car when I got it back. I would probably be sans eyesight.

And anyone that wants to second guess what went down and say how the officers should have done something different, IMPD is always hiring.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    My car was the one facing the SUV and had the bullet strikes to the windshield and hood. He didn't open the door until he was ready to start shooting, and I wasn't in my car when he started shooting. So it technically is an option, but if you are still sitting in the driver's seat of a police car in that situation, you're a dumbass. The round that hit the windshield fragmented down and to the left, so it would have hit me in the face or upper toso had I still been sitting there. Not to mention the bazillion tiny fragments of glass that I had to clean out of my car when I got it back. I would probably be sans eyesight.

And anyone that wants to second guess what went down and say how the officers should have done something different, IMPD is always hiring.

Glad you got out OK. When I watched the video earlier I was wondering if any INGO LEO were involved.

I can't believe that guy lived. Holy cow...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Wow! I didn't realize you were in the video and on the scene Frank. I knew that might have been in your area though. Glad you came out of it safely!

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

Glad you and your fellow officers are OK. Kudos to you and the IMPD for your valor and strength in such situations. Stay safe.

Top Bottom