• ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My car was the one facing the SUV and had the bullet strikes to the windshield and hood. He didn't open the door until he was ready to start shooting, and I wasn't in my car when he started shooting. So it technically is an option, but if you are still sitting in the driver's seat of a police car in that situation, you're a dumbass. The round that hit the windshield fragmented down and to the left, so it would have hit me in the face or upper toso had I still been sitting there. Not to mention the bazillion tiny fragments of glass that I had to clean out of my car when I got it back. I would probably be sans eyesight.

And anyone that wants to second guess what went down and say how the officers should have done something different, IMPD is always hiring.

Who said anything about second guessing?

Simply asking a question to learn.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't say much about the shooter, but he will definitely be affected by his injuries for the rest of his life.

Good.
    And that's the NICEST thing I can think of.

Lol, thanks. Officers didn't have time to get to their rifles since we keep them in our trunks.

What's in the trunk, might as well be on the moon, most of these cases.
    Not casting judgements on you. Just stating, you go with what you have in your hand. I understand.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My car was the one facing the SUV and had the bullet strikes to the windshield and hood.

And anyone that wants to second guess what went down and say how the officers should have done something different, IMPD is always hiring.
    Dang and I was about to ask for a ride along. Now? No way in a scuffed up beater with a broken windshield.

And second guess? Should have called in the boner drone and had it loaded with a jdam.

And I would apply but unfortunately I think I'm past the cut off age for new hires. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't meet the physical qualifications. Read pretty sure as about a snowballs chance in July, at a steel mill, in hell, with a flame thrower. Not to mention that even with all that, I'd hate to make you guys look bad. I do respect effort, I cheer on the special Olympics and the IMPD.

And was yours the car on the left in view one? It appears to have a guard around the front. And iirc you posted photos of the new guard that was put on your car a year or so ago(maybe longer), specifically for pitting.
    I wasn't one of the shooters. I was going to try to PIT the guy had he not stopped at the city garage.
    In all seriousness, I wish the best to you and the other officers on the scene and hope they get any support you and they may need. In less seriousness. If my wife is okay with it I will volunteer to kiss Ofc Iverson's booboos. Apologizes if I didn't spell her name correctly.
    Lol, thanks. Officers didn't have time to get to their rifles since we keep them in our trunks.
    I remember back in the day they had shotguns in a vertical mount in the front seat. No room nowadays with the laptop and such, or just frowned upon by the brass? In the first case I can understand and would support a push for more compact rifle caliber firearms, in the second I would support my boner drone with a jdam suggestion, perhaps followed by a flame thrower.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I wish donut it would go back to posting more. His stuff is great.
    I do agree, although he keeps saying he isn't justifying an officers actions, in all but the most egregious cases he does seem to be. I will say that while I'm not an officer I very rarely find any fault in his breakdowns.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Dang and I was about to ask for a ride along. Now? No way in a scuffed up beater with a broken windshield.

And second guess? Should have called in the boner drone and had it loaded with a jdam.

And I would apply but unfortunately I think I'm past the cut off age for new hires. And I'm pretty sure I wouldn't meet the physical qualifications. Read pretty sure as about a snowballs chance in July, at a steel mill, in hell, with a flame thrower. Not to mention that even with all that, I'd hate to make you guys look bad. I do respect effort, I cheer on the special Olympics and the IMPD.

And was yours the car on the left in view one? It appears to have a guard around the front. And iirc you posted photos of the new guard that was put on your car a year or so ago(maybe longer), specifically for pitting.

In all seriousness, I wish the best to you and the other officers on the scene and hope they get any support you and they may need. In less seriousness. If my wife is okay with it I will volunteer to kiss Ofc Iverson's booboos. Apologizes if I didn't spell her name correctly.

I remember back in the day they had shotguns in a vertical mount in the front seat. No room nowadays with the laptop and such, or just frowned upon by the brass? In the first case I can understand and would support a push for more compact rifle caliber firearms, in the second I would support my boner drone with a jdam suggestion, perhaps followed by a flame thrower.
    Hey, my sled may have a few scuffs and scrapes, but it has a new hood and windshield....we can't take anyone on ride-alongs right now anyway due to that whole "COVID" thing. KellyInAvon was the last person to ride with me, and got to experience a PIT first-hand.

Yes, my car was the one on the left.

If you get permission from your wife, I can ask Iversen if you can kiss her booboos...

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Hey, my sled may have a few scuffs and scrapes, but it has a new hood and windshield....we can't take anyone on ride-alongs right now anyway due to that whole "COVID" thing. KellyInAvon was the last person to ride with me, and got to experience a PIT first-hand.

Wait... You guys PIT people often enough that it's not unusual for a ride along to see one or it was just "good" timing?

For whatever reason, I figured this was something more from the movies than from reality.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Yes, my car was the one on the left.

If you get permission from your wife, I can ask Iversen if you can kiss her booboos...
    Well, since it has a new windshield, I might have to ask when this whole Covid thing lets up.

And about the only way my wife would give permission would be if Ofc. Iversen would curb stomp me and give me some booboos in exchange. Perhaps taser and OC spray for good measure.

But seriously, again best wishes for you and yours. And try to get a jdam for the boner drone.

And is the long guns in the trunk for space/security reasons, or political?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wait... You guys PIT people often enough that it's not unusual for a ride along to see one or it was just "good" timing?

For whatever reason, I figured this was something more from the movies than from reality.
    They have certain officers who are approved for pitting, Frank is one of them. So if on duty and in or near his area he gets the call. So probably a combination of good timing and often enough.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    What's in the trunk, might as well be on the moon, most of these cases.
    Not casting judgements on you. Just stating, you go with what you have in your hand. I understand.

I think John McPhee was the reason I had mine, which was in a similar circumstance. Before responding I put my armor on and tucked my rifle between the driver's seat and center console.

I listened to this one on the radio, but since it wasn't on my district and they already had a ton of people I didn't go. I told the officer I was with "this will end in a shooting."

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Well, since it has a new windshield, I might have to ask when this whole Covid thing lets up.

And about the only way my wife would give permission would be if Ofc. Iversen would curb stomp me and give me some booboos in exchange. Perhaps taser and OC spray for good measure.

But seriously, again best wishes for you and yours. And try to get a jdam for the boner drone.

And is the long guns in the trunk for space/security reasons, or political?
    Thanks for the good wishes. We are all doing fairly well. I love my job, but I'm looking forward to when I can retire. I wish we could arm the Boner Drones.

As far as long guns in the trunk, that is the only option for the Ford Interceptors and the newer Dodge Chargers. My Crown Vic had a roof rack.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I think John McPhee was the reason I had mine, which was in a similar circumstance. Before responding I put my armor on and tucked my rifle between the driver's seat and center console.

I listened to this one on the radio, but since it wasn't on my district and they already had a ton of people I didn't go. I told the officer I was with "this will end in a shooting."
    Thanks for jinxing us! Lol.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    As far as long guns in the trunk, that is the only option for the Ford Interceptors and the newer Dodge Chargers. My Crown Vic had a roof rack.
    Thanks, I was hoping it was space considerations and not political BS about not wanting the public to see "military assault rifles" in the cars.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Thanks, I was hoping it was space considerations and not political BS about not wanting the public to see "military assault rifles" in the cars.

I've seen pictures of Chebbies with shotguns and rifles both mounted between the seats, but no people cages. So, it's a thing that's still out there somewhere.

Top Bottom