• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Hell, I was coming home from work yesterday on 70 through town. Tooling along in the middle lane at about 70 and an IMPD explorer came up and passed me doing at least 75-80 mph…

ETA, glad to see all the drug dealers and robbers and murderers are caught and off streets that they can concentrate so hard on people keeping up with traffic!

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've heard stories of getting passed while doing 80-85 on the west side. Crazy.
    I’ve lived on the west side all my life but I swear, the east side is worse! Our company’s shop is up around 46th street and if I go there and then head home, I hate that short section of 465. The north side is a pain, but the east side from about 69 to 74 is horrible With people cutting and out of traffic Things calm down a bit then you get the idiots trying to beat everyone to get onto 65…

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Hell, I was coming home from work yesterday on 70 through town. Tooling along in the middle lane at about 70 and an IMPD explorer came up and passed me doing at least 75-80 mph…

ETA, glad to see all the drug dealers and robbers and murderers are caught and off streets that they can concentrate so hard on people keeping up with traffic!
    I-70 from Greenfield east to the Ohio state line regularly has state and county units posted in the median turnarounds every couple of miles. I'm convinced their sole mission is drug mule interception.

I've been told by some LE that Wayne County (state line to almost New Castle) is not a favored place to make a mule bust. They prefer counties where their $eizureS most benefit LE agency budgets.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I-70 from Greenfield east to the Ohio state line regularly has state and county units posted in the median turnarounds every couple of miles. I'm convinced their sole mission is drug mule interception.

I've been told by some LE that Wayne County (state line to almost New Castle) is not a favored place to make a mule bust. They prefer counties where their $eizureS most benefit LE agency budgets.

I worked at Henry County Hospital for a couple months, replacing an air handler and yes, from just east of post road to where I exited 70, there were quite a few I noticed nearly daily. It was a lot of construction going on too, even though I was going over early enough they hadn’t started for the day, but I just tried to stay with the (minimal) flow to stay out of trouble.
    now I have a work van, so I have to be a little more reserved as I am basically driving a billboard and have no desire to get a call from the shop that someone called in on my driving…

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I worked at Henry County Hospital for a couple months, replacing an air handler and yes, from just east of post road to where I exited 70, there were quite a few I noticed nearly daily. It was a lot of construction going on too, even though I was going over early enough they hadn’t started for the day, but I just tried to stay with the (minimal) flow to stay out of trouble.
    now I have a work van, so I have to be a little more reserved as I am basically driving a billboard and have no desire to get a call from the shop that someone called in on my driving…
    80 mph is doable as long as you don't fit their profile.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    80 mph is doable as long as you don't fit their profile.
    I’ve often wondered if commercial vehicles get more or less scrutiny for simple things like speeding.

I got a BS ticket in Indy when they had 70 shut down through town. It wasn’t worth my time to fight it so I just paid it and moved on but it still pissed me off.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I’ve often wondered if commercial vehicles get more or less scrutiny for simple things like speeding.

I got a BS ticket in Indy when they had 70 shut down through town. It wasn’t worth my time to fight it so I just paid it and moved on but it still pissed me off.
    Oh they love writing tickets to truckers!

funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Couldn't say. My hearse has our name in the side windows, vanity plate and a logo plate on the front bumper. It is strictly a speed limit (or less) car.

Got pinched on US 36 in Randolph County in '07. Zero traffic early on a Sunday morning so I was doing 70 in a 55. Deputy had my license and asked me what my hurry was as I was going for the registration. I mentioned something about having a highly communicable case in the back and there was a hole in the body bag. As I turned to hand him the registration, my license goes whizzing by my head like a frisbee. I could hear him say "Just slow down!" as he was quick-timing back to his car.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Depends where you went, but traffic on US-131 is usually flowing around 80-85. North of Grand Rapids when the limit changes to 75, people regularly go 85-90. US-31 is flowing around 80 until you get north of Holland. Then people go 85+. Speed limit is 70, and I usually hold around 78 and I get passed like I’m standing still.
    69-96-131 north. No wrecks and few police. One section of construction. Only one guy jumping lanes cause doing 95 wasn't fast enough for his BMW.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    For about the last couple of months I have been traveling 80/94 to Hammond. I try to stay off 80/94 if possible. It's an absolute s**t show. Your doing 70 mph about 10' off of the rear bumper in front of you. You have semis in the far left lane. And the ass hats that are constantly changing lanes to get ahead. All it takes in one driver to make a mistake and you have a Nascar wreck.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    See it all to often on 465 in my work truck.
    Idiots come on the ramps and just expwct me to either speed up or slow down or move. Ive learned... hold my lane and hold my speed. Only other cmvs will allow me to get back over and the rare 4 wheeler.

Had one a couple weeks ago getting on from Brookville to SB 465. He saw my truck and just came on over. He was lucky. He did let me know I was number one. Guess he thought he was more important.

Not on 465, but down near the grove we were at a round about and the csr already in it and had the right of way decided to just stop almost causing him to get rear ended. He got made because he was trying to let us go in front of him and i wouldn't go.

Between my training getting my cdl and watching youtube, not sure if its a scam or just an idiot.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    not sure if its a scam or just an idiot.
    Yes! I’ve seen it, and I’ve sat there looking at them like they’re F’ing idiots! As bad as the people that just stop in the middle of the road to let a car turn onto the road. They think they’re being nice I guess but what they are really doing is putting themselves and everyone behind them at risk!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

75 is about the correct speed. It's not either/or. Officers work where the OT pays. NHTSA is paying the OT so the department isn't footing the bill. Find an organization to pay OT for drug dealers, robbers, and murders and officers will come.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    J
    75 is about the correct speed. It's not either/or. Officers work where the OT pays. NHTSA is paying the OT so the department isn't footing the bill. Find an organization to pay OT for drug dealers, robbers, and murders and officers will come.

Just convince them to handout photos and addresses of known bad guys and not ask questions when they disappear and I bet you’d have lots of help cleaning up the streets!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    See it all to often on 465 in my work truck.
    Idiots come on the ramps and just expwct me to either speed up or slow down or move. Ive learned... hold my lane and hold my speed. Only other cmvs will allow me to get back over and the rare 4 wheeler.

Had one a couple weeks ago getting on from Brookville to SB 465. He saw my truck and just came on over. He was lucky. He did let me know I was number one. Guess he thought he was more important.

Not on 465, but down near the grove we were at a round about and the csr already in it and had the right of way decided to just stop almost causing him to get rear ended. He got made because he was trying to let us go in front of him and i wouldn't go.

Between my training getting my cdl and watching youtube, not sure if its a scam or just an idiot.
    Drivers in the right lane are supposed to help people merge, if that means changing lanes or speed so be it. The merger is likewise supposed to manage their speed so as to be able to merge. It should not be that hard to do.

Top Bottom