• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I dont know yet. That would be the most straight forward for the agency. If that's the route they take, my next SBR will be "free". I was going to send the paperwork after Christmas, I may wait to see how this goes.

Oh, I would definitely wait to see how any of this goes. If the democrats control congress in January and they push through Biden's gun control wish list, braced pistols will be the least of our problems.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The letter describes a process that can be summed up as, "we know it when we see it." That opens the door for some litigation potential involving words like "arbitrary and capricious."

But that will take time and money. I doubt the NRA has the appetite or budget for it (although a Dem POTUS might motivate them) so I'm hoping the GOA or SAF can do it.

(In before "4D Chess.")

TolusD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2020
    Dream World
    They're testing the waters to see if we'll still be the same gutless peaceful protesters they've laughed at for decades, or if we'll actually stand up to them.

I still remember the last 2 groups of people who stood up to them. They killed the children of one with sniper fire and then burned the others alive on national television.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I remember that time someone tried to ignite an insurrection in the US. Half a federal building left standing and not much else to show for it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You all knew this was coming since the summer when Trump told you he was going to do this and yet you all turned a blind eye to it, until now.

OTOH, it is a valid argument for complete and total NFA reform or abolition.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How the hell many violent crimes have been committed while using a pistol with a brace out of the many thousand or even millions of braces that have been sold that warrants such persecution?

I agree with Kirk. It's time to end the persecution and abolish the NFA.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    How the hell many violent crimes have been committed while using a pistol with a brace out of the many thousand or even millions of braces that have been sold that warrants such persecution?

I agree with Kirk. It's time to end the persecution and abolish the NFA.

And herein lies the problem. We are getting backed into a corner bit by bit and all it takes is one wacko to do something bad like Mandalay Bay, Port Arthur, etc. It’s an easy recipe for those that want to see our 2A rights diminished. All it takes is one loon and a bunch of victims.

Edited to add I know Port Arthur happened in Australia but I’m using it as it is analogous. Mandalay Bay did in bump stocks and Dayton definitely hastened a crackdown on pistol braces.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    MAC update to original video.

[video=youtube;6UbBEi4dosg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UbBEi4dosg[/video]

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    2amd.png

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    BATF is like a four year old misbehaving. You catch them in the act and they look at you and, while holding eye contact, continue to slowly doing what they should not. "Oh, here's a bunch of regs, but not with the force of law, but you will go to jail..."

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I read the letter in its entirety and find the BATFE argument logically compelling. IMO, there was a good faith effort to allow an accessory to be used in a specific manner and then made allowances to PREVENT the user from committing a felony with incidental contact.

Pretty much my take. This is a GOOD THING in that it provides more OBJECTIVE standards to determine legality.

The letter even states that the ATF sees validity in the use of some braces. One would presume that means some "pistol/brace" combinations would be legal, and others not.

People can b!tch all they want, but we've had Federal gun control for 86 YEARS now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I remember the Michigan Militia guys internet radio show used to refer to bat feces all the time. I never was sure what they were referring to.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The anti gun lobby and it's govt cronies have pivoted away from handguns over the last 30+ years because LTCH/CCW laws have normalized--institutionalized--the idea that pistols=defense of life&limb. We need to find a way to make a similar paradigm shift where "full-auto/SBR=defense of freedom"...and the NFA and a lot of other "gun control" is unconstitutional

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Looks like guideline documents were published in August 2020.

It'll be hard to blame Biden for that.

Maybe not Joe personally but it is clear that the deck is stacked in terms of positions which are not routinely changed with a new administration.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Pretty much my take. This is a GOOD THING in that it provides more OBJECTIVE standards to determine legality.

The letter even states that the ATF sees validity in the use of some braces. One would presume that means some "pistol/brace" combinations would be legal, and others not.

People can b!tch all they want, but we've had Federal gun control for 86 YEARS now.

Their acknowledgement of validity doesn't make 3/16 of a damn. They are running on usurped authority and the duration is irrelevant. It is still wrong and unacceptable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom