• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    A buddy of mine asked me to be in his wedding the other day, and of course, I accepted. Through our friendly banter he teased me, saying that Glocks weren't allowed at the wedding because they would look funny with the tuxedo getup he'd picked out, which made me laugh, of course :)

But it got me thinking..

Who's got a handgun that they only break out for special occasions? If so, what is it?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    A buddy of mine asked me to be in his wedding the other day, and of course, I accepted. Through our friendly banter he teased me, saying that Glocks weren't allowed at the wedding because they would look funny with the tuxedo getup he'd picked out, which made me laugh, of course :)

But it got me thinking..

Who's got a handgun that they only break out for special occasions? If so, what is it?
    For SEMI-FORMAL events, where I want a nice gun, a little flash, but still remain a level of understated elegance, a nice set of turquoise grips on an original Detonics Combat Master does the trick:
    IMG_0012.jpg

Of course, for BBQs, Weddings, and other fun stuff I bring out the good stuff, fully engraved, even the bottom of the magazine is engraved :D
    4-2.jpg

Now if we just want to be serious, and formal, but no flash, (think funerals) it is hard to beat genuine african elephant ivory on a black pistol:
    1a4.jpg

I don't wear dresses, so no I don't have one. :D
    How about a Kilt? :popcorn:

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    I have a set of matched, Pearl handled Colts (45) in a nice Mernickle rig for BBQ's, and a dressed Les Baer for city-fied gatherings. I'm still looking for a large period-correct Bowie for the cowboy rig, and a double edged rat-sticker for the dress rig, just to balance it out.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I do have a gun/holster combo that is a better fit when wearing suit/tie clothing. In that sense, yes.

I do not have a fancy-looking gun that is intended to be on display when I am dressed for a formal occasion. In that sense, no - it's still concealed.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    No. All my guns are shooters. However, if I were to pick a gun to OC when I'm dressed nicely, It'd be my Inox Tomcat (with the purty rosewood grips) in my pocket, maybe S&W 327, or GP100 (once I complete my refinishing project on it).

XD45Darrell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Whiting, IN USA
    My Dress Gun

But it got me thinking..

My dress gun is a Kimber Ultra Raptor II in a black leather Galco holster.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    i have had to wear a tux to formal events . most of the time, the cut of the tux does not allow a full sized rig..
    I have a nice PPK/S that i wear behind right hip but in a LH IWB .
    it tucks right in and does not effect the looks of the tux..

for a BBQ gun i hav a kimber pro carry II.

dkc485

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Greenwood
    hmm, I'd probably just use a different holster personally. Like a nice leather one instead of the black nylon one i currently use.

Top Bottom