• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn't need fixed. "Large urban centers are dominated by Democrats" says the same thing without redundant modifiers. "Large urban centers" does not imply only large urban centers on the coasts. But, if we're gonna nitpick, of the top 10 mega urban centers in the US, only two of them are landlocked, Chicago up through Milwaukee, and Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington. The rest are on the coasts. And regardless, they're all dominated by Democrats anyway. Innards. Outerds. They all D's.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I didn't need fixed. "Large urban centers are dominated by Democrats" says the same thing without redundant modifiers. "Large urban centers" does not imply only large urban centers on the coasts. But, if we're gonna nitpick, of the top 10 mega urban centers in the US, only two of them are landlocked, Chicago up through Milwaukee, and Dallas/Ft Worth/Arlington. The rest are on the coasts. And regardless, they're all dominated by Democrats anyway. Innards. Outerds. They all D's.
    LOL, And thats why I don't live in Maryland anymore. I finely voted with my feet.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    LOL, And thats why I don't live in Maryland anymore. I finely voted with my feet.
    Every sane person should flee the cities if possible. Let the Democrats ravage their cities and turn them to **** holes like Detroit and St Louis.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'm not sure what they think that means. But if it means saying and campaigning on what they think the people want to hear and then governing how they want, I agree...but then again, nothing's changed. ;)
    It means that actual self identified republicans are no longer sold on endless wars, nation building around the world while our nation crumbles and is a warning to democrat/lite elected republicans…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I heard some guy on the radio explaining how Republicans have now abandoned pretending to be conservatives and embracing being populists instead. He said probably 80% of the GOP are now populists.
    That's a feature and not a bug. There pretty much isn't anything of the policies that worked in the past left to conserve, and few want to conserve the disgusting mess that passes for the 'established order' currently

Emulate forest management, burn down the weedy underbrush developing to eliminate danger and encourage new growth

Please expound on any 'conservative' policy you favor that has any chance of solving the debt problem in our lifetimes

Current Federal debt is ~$33 TRILLION
    Currently Federal budget deficit is $1.7 TRILLION and likely to go up further

2023 Budget projection was $6.4 TRILLION in May of this year, so there would need to be a 26.5% across the board cut just to stop the bleeding

Then, if we made a further 10% across the board cut ($470 BILLION) and held that line (Federal budget at ~$4.23 TRILLION) and all of the 10% went to debt retirement IT WOULD TAKE SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 70 YEARS TO RETIRE THE DEBT

How would you make that work over the course of 4 generations, exactly; even if you could successfully make those cuts?

Fix the rot first or it won't be worth the effort needed to save it financially

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Might be necessary/desirable to change goal of redistricting away from making congressional districts competitive, ie 50/50, and allow them to be any size or shape necessary and as well as non-contiguous. And go back to legislatures choosing senators

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Well luckily for the citizens of San Francisco they have an historic black lesbian to take her place so life in San Francisco will get dramatically better.

Reactions: KG1

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Chicago is not landlocked.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Chicago is not landlocked.

As I wrote that post at first I counted Chicago as "coastal" because it's on Lake Michigan, and there is a route to get out to sea, so not technically land locked. But it's not really coastal either, per se, so I took it out.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    As I wrote that post at first I counted Chicago as "coastal" because it's on Lake Michigan, and there is a route to get out to sea, so not technically land locked. But it's not really coastal either, per se, so I took it out.
    Put it back in!!!!!!!

Top Bottom