• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Last day of firearms season yesterday. Saw a doe hightailing it across a field in the distance at sunset. Heard voles or shrews under the leaves after sunset. Very quiet in the woods. Heard multiple shots about 20 minutes after sunset - maybe folks just shooting off their remaining ammo? I worked too hard on my handloads to waste them like that.
    Time to put away the .308 and get the caplock ready for muzzleloader season.

rhslover

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    Good season for me this year. Freezer is absolutely full. I'd like to go in muzzleloader season, but I'd have to eat it all on the spot.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Hoping to close on my property before Christmas so I can go out the week after with my new to me crossbow or shotgun for bonus season.

Whats the regulations on land owners and licenses? I have a license for this year for my shotgun but if I'm hunting my own land with a crossbow do I need a license?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Hoping to close on my property before Christmas so I can go out the week after with my new to me crossbow or shotgun for bonus season.

Whats the regulations on land owners and licenses? I have a license for this year for my shotgun but if I'm hunting my own land with a crossbow do I need a license?
    The exemption is only if you farm it as I understand. I'm no expert, contact local CO's. The licenses aren't proposterous, so just buy it and be free of worrying about xing lines.

Did you buy the basic deer license or bundle tag?
    18d93619e3bdbcd7632021a5d787e630.jpg

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Yeah I read that. The land is being farmed, just not by me. Ill own it, though.

I bought a firearm license and a bonus antlerless firearm license.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If you have trees on the property that may constitute tree farming. How many acres is it?

25 total. 16 tillable. Beans have already been harvested.

I'm mainly just trying to confirm the landowner exemption applies to all equipment types and various seasons.

jy951

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Feb 18, 2009
    I agree with this.

QUOTE=ghitch75;8515717]if you own the ground your good for hunting...[/QUOTE]

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    I now have 32 days in the woods this season. I'm on a park hunt. Took a nice mature doe last sat pm. Got meat in the freezer. Saw 7 does and 2 bucks saturday.
    Checked my cams. My shooter buck still nowhere to be found. Just my luck. Alot of stand time this year. Muzzleloader starts sat. I'll be on stand once again. Be safe and enjoy ur hunting season

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Nice thought but the state still exercises regulation of bag limits, allowable weapons, and seasons on "your" game.
    That's the difference between Old World and US views of wildlife. In Europe the wildlife belongs to whoever owns the land, and they have complete control over it. In the US the wildlife is held in trust for all citizens by the state. The state allows taking of wildlife, or not, by their rules.

Top Bottom