Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    From another site:

Teenager whining site

Today, I was getting ready for my first date with a boy I really like when my dad insisted on meeting him. My dad is super protective and a cop. He cleaned his gun in front of my date and made it clear he had to be careful with me. My date started to cry when we got to the car. FML

All I can say was summed up by responder a the site:

your father has done more for abstinence than hundreds of others before him.

Good for him for making good use of his firearm.

:):

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Good for him! My daughter, now 31 with a boy and girl of her own, used to get much the same treatment from me - absent the gun. It was a real issue each time she dated someone new. Now we laugh about it and she tells my Son-In-Law each time something brings the old days to mind that that is the way he will treat boys when Ella, my Granddaughter dates.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It will be even more scary as a young man dating my daughter (2 next week) when he comes over to date here, and I am cleaning my "assault rifle" and by themn they will be illegal!!

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    I took one young man out to lunch. We had a very pleasant time as I told him how much my daughter meant to me and how I felt it was my responsibility to watch over them both.

He never took my daughter out again.

It was a very pleasant lunch indeed.

My daughter is very appreciative of how I deal with boys. I just hope her two sisters will be as well.

Buckaroo

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I would think a proper 'boy' would be EXCITED to see and talk guns with the man.

Good way of helping her PICK a man, imo. IF they CRY over the sight of one, they should be dropped.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    That's nothing new, I was met at the door one night by a dad with a gun, I wasn't impressed, I had better guns than he did plus his daughter wasn't that hot

the scary gun thing only works on some teenage boys I wasn't one of them

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    What a wimp.

My daughter's boyfriend knew very well what was expected of him. If more fathers took that level of interest in the boys dating their daughters perhaps we wouldn't have the number of single moms in their teens. We even made a trip to the range (the three of us). As I unpacked a few of my favorite firearms, I overheard him tell my daughter "remind me not to **** off your dad" to that she replied "a few of those are mine, don't **** me off either". Now married and both avid shooters, even received my favorite .380 as a wedding gift.

possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    My daughter is now 31 but, I used to have about 3 or 4 guns on the kitchen table cleaning them each time she would have a date with a new boy. Don't know why but, my guns seem to always need to be cleaned each time she had a new date. The boys always seem to bring her home early from the first date for some reason.:dunno:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Always said I'd do something like that. And I do think it's a small part of why the first wife left. I think she's starting to figure out who really came out better on that split.:thumbsup: And now that the little one's 19 and almost out of school, they're both really starting to appreciate the opportunities they have to run around the back forty at their grandpa's place and my place, shoot, fish, camp, etc...
    OH, and I've noticed the "city" boys never believe they can shoot, and are a little intimidated whey they're shown.. ;)....
    Andy

PS All hail Bacon! Just fried up a 12 oz. "pound" (did anyone else notice that?) and mmmmm.... the aroma!! :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    My wifes father did this when i met him. Took me upstairs to the attic showed me his shotguns, deer mounts-i guess to let me know he could shoot. It didnt bother me though i had been in the military for 5 years by that time and had shoot many more weapons that were a lot cooler-plus i was/am a expert marksman.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I missed this response earlier on the site:

I think he cried because he realized he wasn't gonna score, but still had to take you out.

We have a winner...

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    My date started to cry when we got to the car.

That is funny, I know both my girls will hate me when they start dating. My plan for meeting them is to be in my worst boxers and nastiest t-shirt, beer in hand. Then I will "gently" place my arm around them and whisper in their ear, "anything you do to my daughter I will do to you", I figure they will be smart enough to figure out what that means :D

By the way I'm 6'1" and 300 lbs.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    That is funny, I know both my girls will hate me when they start dating. My plan for meeting them is to be in my worst boxers and nastiest t-shirt, beer in hand. Then I will "gently" place my arm around them and whisper in their ear, "anything you do to my daughter I will do to you", I figure they will be smart enough to figure out what that means :D

it would be better if you were bolding and loud:D

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    I use the Uncle Buck approach. I just quietly sharpen my hatchet. I let their imagination do the work. They don't hang out here much, Odd.

Tusk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Hahahahahaa..................

When my kiddo started dating I ruled by inferring potential physical ruin and total domination for life if anything happened to my daughter, followed by : ya know what I mean dont ya !! :rockwoot:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    That's the kind of dad I'm sure I'm gonna be someday too! Although I'll prob do one better. If its gonna be daylight when he gets there I"ll be outside with one of my 45's doing some target shooting at silhouette targets and be sure to bring the target inside when I come back in. Make sure he sees the nice groups in the chest and head. And let him know I'll be cleaning my gun probably all night till they get home. And that my daughter deserves respect and to be treated like a lady.

I was gonna help dad out and do this some when my sister was getting that age. But she knew that's what would happen so somehow she managed to not bring any guys home to meet the parents. Dang it I wanted to have some fun!!!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    My daughter is 17. Her current boyfriend first came over to the house while I was cleaning "All of my guns". I had no idea he was fearful of guns. LOL.
    My daughter had fun with it as well as she herself has answered the door while holding an AR.:ar15:
    They have been dating for 6mos or so and I have taken him shooting with us a couple of times. He likes the Marlin 60 and the Walther P22. The other guns still intimidate him. My daughter who shoots everything still gives him a hard time.
    She told him the other day that she was proud of him for not being afraid of me. To which he replied " I can talk to your dad, but he still scares the **** out of me."
    And that is the way it should be.:D

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    First boyfriend of my daughter got a bullet with his name on it (literally). He's still around so he's either stupid or not that bad.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

My B.I.L 2 14 1/2 year old fraternal twins can't go on a date by themselves until the they are 16, and he has allready decided he will use the 2 round approach.

First round will be him handing them a .45 and letting them know this is if he catches him doing some thing he shouldn't when up close and personal, the 2nd round will be a .308 and that's a reminder of how you can reach out and touch someone without being seen.:grabass:

He's really serious about it too, been praticing the delivery and rhythm for over a year, almost scary! :runaway:

Top Bottom