• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Well the idea was a weight loss challenge similar to The Biggest Loser, going by total percentage of your body weight lost.

This would all be handled by PM's and is all honor system based. I am not going door to door to weigh your naked butts.

- Entry fee of $20 of ammo, to be brought to SGE. Anyone not on the SGE list would be excluded from participating.

- Challenge begins Feb 1st with initial weigh-ins.

- March 1st and April 1st would be next weigh ins. Final weigh in would be Friday April 30th. That would give everyone 3 months to lose as much weight as possible.

- Third place keeps their $20 of ammo. Second place gets double their amount (so they keep theirs and get another $20 worth). First place takes the rest. The more people, the more the first place winnings are.

Thoughts? Suggestions? If we can't get enough people to do it, we won't bother. Myself and mcapo would be in charge of all the book keeping. So PM's with info and weigh ins would come to us. Once we get going, nothing has to be discussed in the thread.

- We're thinking common ammo like 9mm, .223, 22LR ??
    - Your actual weight does not have to be discussed openly, but would it be better to update everyone with a chart each month showing weights and who's in the lead, via PM?
    I'm down! Not sure I want to part with 9mm though. I'm happy to chip in some .22, a little 5.56, or 7.62x39. :)

Also, are we doing total pounds lost or the percentage of total body weight lost? Some of us happen to be shrimp-sized in height. :laugh:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How about we just say $20 bucks or a couple boxes of 9mm ammo?
    That would be fine.
    What about some kind of .22 competition during the SGE? Has this been discussed at all?
    Yes? I think mcapo has mentioned something about it.
    I'm down! Not sure I want to part with 9mm though. I'm happy to chip in some .22, a little 5.56, or 7.62x39. :)

Also, are we doing total pounds lost or the percentage of total body weight lost? Some of us happen to be shrimp-sized in height. :laugh:
    Percentage of total body weight.

So a 200lb person who loses 20 pounds would have the same 10% weight loss as a 100lb person who loses 10lbs.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One of the big selling points for me on the TX22 was the suppressor ready. Well, neither of my barrels have liked my suppressor. So that point is kinda moot for me right now. The G44 would be a better trainer for me this year as I carry a G19 and not a Taurus.

I don't hate the TX22, it's quite fun and has had zero failures with different kinds of ammo. But the G44 makes more sense for me from a practical standpoint. My fun 22 handgun is my SW22 Victory.
    What Gen Glock 19 are you carrying? I have an Advantage Arms for a 19, but its for gen 3. I assume your EDC is probably a Gen 5. I'd trade it for your TX22, but again I assume the gen will be the snag in this offer. I've got extra mags for the AA kit as well. My AA kit also has a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it. The tritium vial is dead in the front and that's the reason they are on the AA kit as it mimics the Trijicon's on my 19. I've also got the OEM sights for the AA kit as well.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Anyone interested in doing the weight loss challenge, please send me a PM. If we get enough interest, we will make it official.

Then we'll need a name for it...hmmm.

Bandit's Spicy Wiener Challenge of 2021

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    What Gen Glock 19 are you carrying? I have an Advantage Arms for a 19, but its for gen 3. I assume your EDC is probably a Gen 5. I'd trade it for your TX22, but again I assume the gen will be the snag in this offer. I've got extra mags for the AA kit as well. My AA kit also has a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it. The tritium vial is dead in the front and that's the reason they are on the AA kit as it mimics the Trijicon's on my 19. I've also got the OEM sights for the AA kit as well.
    Mine is a gen5 MOS.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Mine is a gen5 MOS.

Gotcha. Figured I'd ask. I have Gen3, 4 & 5. Use the AA kit on the Gen 3 frame (which is a Glock I'll be keeping since I had AllenM do a carry melt on the slide long before the Gen 5's came out with such a concept).

That said I have a TX22 as well, and would like to have a spare one.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Gotcha. Figured I'd ask. I have Gen3, 4 & 5. Use the AA kit on the Gen 3 frame (which is a Glock I'll be keeping since I had AllenM do a carry melt on the slide long before the Gen 5's came out with such a concept).

That said I have a TX22 as well, and would like to have a spare one.

Dunno about anywhere else, but PSA has them for $350:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Dunno about anywhere else, but PSA has them for $350:

Yep, I'll wait for closer to the 269 I got mine for (during Covid). Premier Arms had one come in the other day and I didn't jump quick enough since I wasn't 100% on getting a second one at that time.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    This day is looking up. USPS finally decided to deliver the 97B and UPS brought me some VV N540 to reload .308.

Got the extra mags yesterday. Three more would make an even 10 but sometimes other CZicko's have more pressing needs. :D The tracking number is active Chris.

View attachment 121786 View attachment 121787
    I think we may need to declare you official CZ Sugar Daddy if you keep buying like this. I heard Carlos looks cute in short-shorts. :lmfao:

...everybody make your wishlists now!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom