Not open for further replies.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Is that like when cash is tight? Otherwise i don't understand.
    It's when my wife gets vocal about the amount of times she gets an alert during the day that someone is at our door and it's a package for me. Installing cameras everywhere has it's disadvantages on occasion.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    The TX-22 is much better than the G44 by about every benchmark available. The only issue I'm aware of with them is the barrel issue which Taurus fixes when notified. Better trigger, better mags, suppressor ready out of the box and cheaper.
    One of the big selling points for me on the TX22 was the suppressor ready. Well, neither of my barrels have liked my suppressor. So that point is kinda moot for me right now. The G44 would be a better trainer for me this year as I carry a G19 and not a Taurus.

I don't hate the TX22, it's quite fun and has had zero failures with different kinds of ammo. But the G44 makes more sense for me from a practical standpoint. My fun 22 handgun is my SW22 Victory.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    No, no.....the BCM bcg is fantastic. I just purchased the recent NIB one so that I could have a spare (or for a future build). I wanted a pure BCM upper !
    Yeah, my thoughts were similar and that's why I ordered the BCM BCG.

One of the big selling points for me on the TX22 was the suppressor ready. Well, neither of my barrels have liked my suppressor. So that point is kinda moot for me right now. The G44 would be a better trainer for me this year as I carry a G19 and not a Taurus.

I don't hate the TX22, it's quite fun and has had zero failures with different kinds of ammo. But the G44 makes more sense for me from a practical standpoint. My fun 22 handgun is my SW22 Victory.

If G***k is your EDC, then yes, the G44 is the way to go. For anyone not carrying a G***k, the TX-22 is better. Just my :twocents:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    There has been the idea of a weight loss challenge discussed. It could be fun.
    Could be. I know weight gain is no fun. I was trying to sneak out of our son's room last night without him waking up and the floor kept making noise and I was thinking perhaps if I could lose a little weight the floor wouldn't creak and I could go back to sleep.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Well the idea was a weight loss challenge similar to The Biggest Loser, going by total percentage of your body weight lost.

This would all be handled by PM's and is all honor system based. I am not going door to door to weigh your naked butts.

- Entry fee of $20 of ammo, to be brought to SGE. Anyone not on the SGE list would be excluded from participating.

- Challenge begins Feb 1st with initial weigh-ins.

- March 1st and April 1st would be next weigh ins. Final weigh in would be Friday April 30th. That would give everyone 3 months to lose as much weight as possible.

- Third place keeps their $20 of ammo. Second place gets double their amount (so they keep theirs and get another $20 worth). First place takes the rest. The more people, the more the first place winnings are.

Thoughts? Suggestions? If we can't get enough people to do it, we won't bother. Myself and mcapo would be in charge of all the book keeping. So PM's with info and weigh ins would come to us. Once we get going, nothing has to be discussed in the thread.

- We're thinking common ammo like 9mm, .223, 22LR ??
    - Your actual weight does not have to be discussed openly, but would it be better to update everyone with a chart each month showing weights and who's in the lead, via PM?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom