• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Nice gun with a great double-action trigger pull. Uncannily accurate for their size, as are most of CZ's smaller guns, IME. They are, however, a little on the large/bulky side for their caliber, but having a decent capacity helps make up for that.

CDNN has the -82s in their latest catalog, starting at $149. "Like new" is $189 or so.

bselzer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    anything cz

i own two cz rifles, a 22-250 and a 22 long rifle. you absolutely, in my opinion, can't go wrong with cz. the action, durability and accuracy is unsurpassed,but like myself it's going to take you to make that jump, i did and cz is my choice of weapons.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Another + vote for the CZ brand. They make a lot of good stuff, and most of it is a good value for the money. This is especially true when you can get surplus CZs like the 82s are now.

My brother in law has one. It is very reliable, accurate, and pleasant to shoot. It is small enough to be concealable, but the double stack mag makes it a bit thicker than the super-micro carry guns. The 9x18 makarov cartridge is a bit more powerful than .380, but not as powerful as 9x19 NATO/para.

Modern Firearms - CZ 82 / 83 pistol

I have never heard of anyone getting one of these and being displeased with it.

You could get more info at the CZ Forum. Look at the subforum "CZ 83 club." The 82 and 83 are almost the same thing - the major difference being the 83 is available in multiple chamberings while the 82s are all chambered for 9x18 Mak.

CZ Forum - Index

Do note that the CZForum site is a prime location for problem solving - so don't get the wrong idea from all the "help me solve my problem" threads.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have shot three, NEVER been able to get one as circumstances always seem to cloud up the sunny rays of the CZ82/3. The CZ 82 is stupid accurate, VERY easy to carry. Only prob is mags are hard to find, CZ offers them direct for their usual high price, but better than nothing. The .380 and the 9mm Mak use the same mags and parts (other than barrel). Night sights can be had from the regular CZ75s and fit. Also, the CZ82 can be converted to .380 (AKA CZ83) with a simple barrel press change, which CZ will do for a nominal fee. While folks will claim 9mm Mak is a better round, good luck trying to find any good ammo for it as the handloading market for it is weak and off the shelf ammo is either difficult to get locally or defensive stuff is difficult to obtain anywhere during the recent panic buying.

FWIW: Bob in Plainfield has a NEW CZ83 in satin nickel for $349.99 (which given currrent pricing, it is seriously 100 bucks under what everyone else sells em for). It is brand new and .380, PERFECT for a carry gun in my mind. Add some night sights, and while folks will say, get a Glock for that much, etc... You will have a gun that is VERY accurate, fun to shoot and a more controllable cartridge than ever before.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Love mine, 83/82 mags are interechangeble and the sights are "better" than other surplus guns. Scary accurate for a surplus piece and their not very old, mine was made in 88'. Magazines are getting scarce but not impossible to find. If I didnt have another, I would have no problem carrying this with the Hornady XTPs.:draw:

Top Bottom