• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    The media is now blaming the shortages on increased demand. Is this what Soviet and Chinese propaganda feels like? It’s state sanctioned gas lighting.

Panic buying is a contributor to increased demand. Lockdowns being lifted is also a likely contributor to increased demand.

hard to discern from a tweet that they are blaming shortages on increased demand. They are stating a fact (demand is up) and you are extrapolating (demand causing shortages)

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From my perspective alphabet .gov agencies seem to have little to no interest in persuing perps of cyber crimes.
    Not true from my experience. Every major breach I have knowledge of had the FBI there investigating. One thing to realize, all companies do not call them when they have a breach. One of the things our plan covers is whether we do if we get attacked.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One pipeline will effect a bunch. Said pipeline, #1, goes down. Now getting product to that area means pipelines #2-#15 are effected as they now have to supply more product. The more I learn about how things work in this industry, the more I realize how fragile it is.
    I understand that.

But I'm talking about totally disconnected supply chains. Assuming our supply is through a different, unconnected pipe, ours SHOULDNT go up. But it probably will. Because reasons.

So this is specifically what I was addressing... if Colonial services the east coast and Marathon has a separate line running up the Mississippi for the midwest, mid south, and plains states that is untouched, Marathon customers shouldnt be price impacted much because their oil is still flowing freely. I mean, how much supply can they siphon off via rail and other means to send to Colonial customers? I cant imagine enough to impact our supply. Because semis and rail cars just cant compete with piplelines. (unless you are an idiot Democrat that thinks you can be just as effective via rail)

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    For about half an hour this morning, I went to gasbuddy.com. gaspricewatch.com and gasprices.aaa.com and none of the three would load for that 30 minutes. I came back to it a couple hours later and they all loaded up.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Well at least no one needs gas in their car to drive to work. As I understand it the unemployment checks are direct deposit.

Went to grab my supplemental emergency cans to fill them up and they already had gas from the last time I got nervous (elections?). So all my cans are full plus two full tanks. About time to rotate once the scare is over.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Interesting observation:

1. MSM reports coming fuel shortages due to lack of truck drivers in the last week of April.

2. A major pipeline is taken out of service and regional emergencies are declared during the first week of May.

3. Federal USDOT rules are changed to allow truck drivers to operate longer hours during the second week of May.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    People were calling a local gas station last night asking if they still had fuel. I haven’t seen any shortages or lines here, but you can be they’re coming as soon as the panic spreads. It’ll be like the Great TP War of 2020.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Another pipeline was already shut down for EPA violations.

DOT suspending hours of service regulations and just begging for truckers to be rolling on a 5 day crystal fueled bender but EPA can’t waive this shutdown for a little while.

Top Bottom