Cyber attack shuts down U.S. fuel pipeline ‘jugular,’ Biden briefed

KLB

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 12, 2011
Porter County
Does this statement not make sense to anyone else? Like that’s not exactly how cryptocurrency works. Like, they could trace the blockchain and see the transactions, but you can’t see the end user. At least you’re not supposed to, that’s the whole point.

So either this is more propaganda to further try and discredit Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is in bed with .gov like many say it is.
They supposedly got control of the servers that housed their bitcoins. That happened right after the breach.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
May 26, 2018
North Central
That is an easy judgement to make when it is not your company being affected.

I tired of the worn out trope that settlement with criminals and warmongers is cheaper...

And any response it is, is just BS that doesn't take long term into account, just the next quarter earnings. A terrible way to run a company or a country...

ditcherman

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Dec 18, 2018
Just N of Indy...
Does this statement not make sense to anyone else? Like that’s not exactly how cryptocurrency works. Like, they could trace the blockchain and see the transactions, but you can’t see the end user. At least you’re not supposed to, that’s the whole point.

So either this is more propaganda to further try and discredit Bitcoin, or Bitcoin is in bed with .gov like many say it is.
If this really happened it should tank all crypto, I would think.

qwerty

Sharpshooter
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 24, 2010
NWI
As I said earlier.... The involvement of an alphabet agency in this fiasco is likely. Image-701985.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Jan 12, 2012
I generally subscribe to the idea that if you can't hold it in your hand or touch it while controlling it (think vehicles or land) you really don't own it.

I never truly understood crypto and this undercuts the only virtue I could see in it.

KLB

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Sep 12, 2011
Porter County
I tired of the worn out trope that settlement with criminals and warmongers is cheaper...

And any response it is, is just BS that doesn't take long term into account, just the next quarter earnings. A terrible way to run a company or a country...
Welcome to modern corporate America. You have it wrong though. Public corporations don't care about earnings. They are solely focused on stock price.

rooster

Expert
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mar 4, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah, this is six shades of F’d up for crypto. This reads like the computer crime version of an FBI jihadi bomber plot.
.gov wants crypto to go away, it was threatening the reserve status of the US dollar.

my moneys on an alphabet agency set this whole thing up from the start and will continue to fund and fuel the attacks until crypto gets outlawed. Any aspiring black hats will get funding, tools and intel from the agencies working this only to get popped in a sting operation later.

JettaKnight

INGO Homebrewer
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oct 13, 2010
Fort Wayne
.gov wants crypto to go away, it was threatening the reserve status of the US dollar.

my moneys on an alphabet agency set this whole thing up from the start and will continue to fund and fuel the attacks until crypto gets outlawed. Any aspiring black hats will get funding, tools and intel from the agencies working this only to get popped in a sting operation later.
I want crypto to go away. Have you priced video cards lately?

JettaKnight

INGO Homebrewer
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Oct 13, 2010
Fort Wayne

Most likely they made an end-around run - like monitoring email or computers to find the keys and info passed around.

A key is only secure as the keyholder is smart with it.

rooster

Expert
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Mar 4, 2010
Indianapolis
I want crypto to go away. Have you priced video cards lately?
I got an Xbox S so I don’t worry about that.
It is ridiculous though. As it stands energy is created from non renewable resources so a currency that sucks power like Bitcoin does is a huge negative on society on a whole.

if the cyber attacks don’t kill crypto then the brown outs will.

Top Bottom