• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    And do you find it odd that we are seeing price increases even though we are not served by that pipeline?

Logic dicates that only those who are fed by that pipleine should see increases. Yet our price increases even though our supply hasnt decreased. hmmmmmm
    One pipeline will effect a bunch. Said pipeline, #1, goes down. Now getting product to that area means pipelines #2-#15 are effected as they now have to supply more product. The more I learn about how things work in this industry, the more I realize how fragile it is.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    One pipeline will effect a bunch. Said pipeline, #1, goes down. Now getting product to that area means pipelines #2-#15 are effected as they now have to supply more product. The more I learn about how things work in this industry, the more I realize how fragile it is.
    ^^^This.^^^ It's not as if those served by that pipeline just stop needing and using gas, so it has to come from somewhere else.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The local news channels this morning announced gasoline prices may spike as early as tomorrow due to hackers compromising a major gas pipeline. The hackers weren’t identified nor was there a reason given for the why. What is chilling about this to me is the apparent disruption that is projected to occur by this act. I’m wondering if the delivery system is so fragile that it only takes one pipeline being compromised to disrupt gas supplies ?

Further comment by the TV ”newscaster” reported that rules regarding restrictions on driving hours by truck drivers were being eased. Reportedly drivers will be able to exceed the 11 hour daily maximum. That doesn’t sound like such a good idea to me considering the drivers are hauling liquid dynamite.

So . . . . . if you need gas, better get it today (?)
    The act of telling people it's going to happen sparks panic buying and makes it happen. Thus, another crisis to report on.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Saw this the other day. We filled up everything yesterday and fuel reserves will be topped off today at $3 a ****ing gallon.
    I hope all you crap heads that voted for this
    :poop: are pleased.
    Not sure anyone voted for a pipeline being shutdown over ransom ware.

Now i have the belief that a Trump administration could handle it more competently but also that the media would make it 300 times worse.

the national media seems like they are underplaying it to cover for Biden.

As the tweet in the link I posted reminds us, grocery stores have 3 days worth of stock before shelves are bare.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Now i have the belief that a Trump administration could handle it more competently but also that the media would make it 300 times worse.

As the tweet in the link I posted reminds us, grocery stores have 3 days worth of stock before shelves are bare.
    Biden shutt down a lot more than a pipeline. He put us back on dependency for off shore crude oil. Thats why the prices are rising. Gas here was $300 per a few days before the cyber attack. This is on Biden and his cronies. Part of the 40 some odd executive orders he signed his 1st day in the big boy chair. Follow the money. Always follow the money.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Please explain how Trump would handle a ransomware infection at this company. The President and his staff have ZERO to do with stopping or removing this malware. That is on the company and their staff.

If the President did have any affect on it, the blame would fall on Trump for not having them better protected, since the last four years were under him. That is when defenses should have been put in place.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I don't think most of you realize how rampant Ransomware is right now. Companies are getting hit by it all the time.

In fact, one of the companies I know that was hit was infected with the exact same ransomware as this company.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Please explain how Trump would handle a ransomware infection at this company. The President and his staff have ZERO to do with stopping or removing this malware. That is on the company and their staff.

If the President did have any affect on it, the blame would fall on Trump for not having them better protected, since the last four years were under him. That is when defenses should have been put in place.
    The pipeline shutdown is completely on the company.

I’m talking about what happens now to assure people get food should the supply lines completely collapse.

If I were in charge, knowing the fragility of the food chain, i wouldn’t be taking a wait and see approach.

I’d be tasking the National Guard to assist in positioning aidto affected regions, possibly using them to provide transportation assistance for gas and groceries.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't think most of you realize how rampant Ransomware is right now. Companies are getting hit by it all the time.

In fact, one of the companies I know that was hit was infected with the exact same ransomware as this company.
    We’ve had a few customers who this happened to. Usually starts with a phishing attack against the organization.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Seems this issue is much more severe than authorities want to admit.

Not if they are hosting their own website.

looking their information up, there nameservers are all internal. Which means the website will be down until those are brought back online. Maybe not a priority when they have to get the pipelines operational

Last edited:
    Top Bottom