• ...and so much more!
  • Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Pretty sure this “cyber attack” is a cover up for jack wagon Joe pulling pipeline permits and F-ing over the oil industry. Then again I like a good conspiracy...

Gas here is still the same $2.89 it was last week. No shortage.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I guess the stupidity is spreading. I just heard their are several gas stations out of gas here in Dubois county and Spencer county

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    They can blame the panic all they want but at the end of the day we have a supply issue. Everyone topping off their tanks and a couple a holes getting trash bags of gas shouldn’t crash the system.
    and what source are you judging that on?

I don't see a crash to the system, just one part of it.

Last edited:

canebreaker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    How's the fuel holding out up there?
    I'm in MS about 8 miles south of Memphis, TN. Reg gas is $2.50 to 2.89 per gallon in Horn Lake and Southaven. The cheaper stations will have a car at every pump and a few waiting. The higher stations have very few for fuel.
    Lots of talk from Jackson, MS south. Stations have no fuel and don't expect to get their next before the weekend. Prices are $3.50 and climbing with each delivery. From Gulfport, I paid $2.89 per gallon on Monday. The station closed waiting for it next delivery. It was open this morning, $3.79.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Still don't understand why a Windows machine getting locked out by ransomware can't be remedied by unplugging the tower and replacing it with a backup that is already configured and ready to go.

In freaking 1995 all this stuff was run on a big metal control console, and it couldn't go down because some idiot replied to a phishing email with their account credentials. We're moving backwards because companies are too lazy and cheap to air gap their systems.

Tell the "hackers" we're paying the ransom, get the NSA to root them out, drop a JDAM on their head. These are massive, disruptive, dangerous, costly events and we need to start treating them as such and hunting down and killing the people who perpetrate them just like we do with regular terrorists.

PAT458

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2016
    Carmel
    Yeah, ideally they NAT’d the public IP into a DMZ’d system and just have to restore that interface to bring the system back up. But ideal costs money and time, and sometimes execs don’t understood or approve that.
    Energy independence to gasoline shortages in (4) months, Way to go Joe !

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    and what source are you judging that on?
    1. The BS propaganda that the media started putting out yesterday that gas sales had jumped 40%. Not possible, I might believe it if they said 10 but not 40

Perhaps someone with some fueling station experience could help us with the numbers but surely most gas stations have 3-4 days of normal fuel use in the tanks. That would mean if we are running out now that the supply chains are stretched thin.

Top Bottom