• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I`ve read that Indiana does a kind of weird thing with fuel prices. They jack them up over what they are nationally, then slowly deflate them over time, instead of simply setting them at the prescribed set point based on economic factors. No worries, they`ll be back up again, soon.

And certainly they want us constantly afraid, that`s the easiest sell in the world for some; "this is for your own good"...
    Our local prices are set by the big outfits. They have people that actually drive around a given area from their store and see what others are selling it for. I have a friend (Ingo member) that manages a BP and she does this every day. They set the days prices accordingly. We have 4 Speedways, a BP and an independent within a short distance from us, Until recently the prices were never the same. For a while it was $2.99 per about everywhere you looked until this weekend and we are again seeing different prices about a nickel per apart depending on which station.

It seems Speedway and BP set the mark.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least up here, every Wednesday prices rise .20-.30 cents and then dwindle very slowly back down, to roughly .05 cents higher than previous week. Then repeats the cycle
    I have no doubt we will see $3.59-$3.79 per gallon by mid summer
    This due to Bidens handlers erasing everything Trump put in place before the puppet held office a full day. EO's hand tailored and neatly stacked for his forgery. He has effectively put us back on dependency of the tanker train across the big water. They now have the market by the balls. And he and his puppet masters are the reason. Follow the power and the money.

Someone prove me wrong. Waiting on KUT to Boo-Hoo this.....:dunno:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    On a different note, I am seeing a lot of articles talking about how the .gov doesn't have the authority to protect our infrastructure specifically, and companies against cyber attacks in general. It would not surprise me to start hearing talk about the .gov taking control of things like pipelines, and giving them wide ranging authority in the cyber defense area. Both bad ideas.

Exactly.....

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

I have no doubt state sees an opportunity in this.

Given what I've seen during the scamdemic, I also have no doubt willing sheep are plentiful.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills

Ff
    The CIA needs to “set an example” out of that group. Then other like minded groups will think twice before doing something similar.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    RvWRQqu.png

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Ff
    $90 million in illegally extracted wealth more than justifies some JDAMs, some renditions, and some 5.56 if you ask me. People are going to continue robbing us until they are made to feel like they might actually get dead doing it.

Gonna seriously tell me NSA can't find these people?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    $90 million in illegally extracted wealth more than justifies some JDAMs, some renditions, and some 5.56 if you ask me. People are going to continue robbing us until they are made to feel like they might actually get dead doing it.

Gonna seriously tell me NSA can't find these people?
    Are they even looking.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    One has to wonder if the ransom money would've been better spent maintaining and upgrading critical vulnerable infrastructure.
    If they had done it before, yes.

This is a decision staring a lot of companies in the face right now. Preparing for recovery from an attack like this is different than anything IT organizations have planned for in the past. The hackers could be in your network for months before they spring their trap. That makes recovery exceptionally difficult, as you have to be able to determine when you were clean, and get your servers back to that state. Then you have to be able to recover your data to something close to current.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    One has to wonder if the ransom money would've been better spent maintaining and upgrading critical vulnerable infrastructure.
    Five mil is probably a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to fix and what it was costing them every day that pipeline is down.

There's a strategy to setting a number for your ransom demand. High enough that you mean business, low enough that it makes justifiable economic sense to just pay you and stop the bleeding.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Five mil is probably a drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to fix and what it was costing them every day that pipeline is down.

There's a strategy to setting a number for your ransom demand. High enough that you mean business, low enough that it makes justifiable economic sense to just pay you and stop the bleeding.

Umm, $90 mil...

Top Bottom